Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Space Saver Tyre/wheel Specs ?

Jules59

Hi All

My daughter has just bought a 2013 1.0T 100PS 3 door Zetec. Its a nice little car.

However it doesnt have a spare tyre but has a wheel well for one.

What is the specification for the appropriate 15" space saver wheel & tyre please ? The dealership salesman didnt know (or didnt want to tell me) but was happy to sell one for over £200 - no thanks.

There are lots of very reasonable ones on eBay for olders focus/fiestas, but will these fit this 1 year old Fiesta?

Jules

The main consideration is overall diameter must match the other wheel/tyres and the stud holes must match. Hopefully someone can give you a pointer. I am surprised the dealer didn't know - they get loads of requests for these.

Hi Julian

I recently bought a used 2013 Fiesta Titanium Ecoboost. It had the can of foam and compressor, no spare wheel, jack, etc.

The correct size given in the owner's manual is 175/65 R14-T. See page 189.

I was very lucky and managed to buy the correct wheel and new Continental unused tyre, complete with jack, wheel brace, tow hook and stowage tray for £70 off a guy fairly local to me advertising on Gumtree. I think it came off a write off car and had obviously never been used.

Don't worry about this being a 14 inch wheel, this gives the correct rolling circumference irrespective of whether you car is a Zetec with 15 inch rims or a Titanium with 16 inch rims.

It is not a skinny spacesaver but has the yellow stickers on it with max speed 50 mph/80 kph, and fits in the boot whilst retaing a flat load floor.

Hope this is of help.

Hi Julian

I recently bought a used 2013 Fiesta Titanium Ecoboost. It had the can of foam and compressor, no spare wheel, jack, etc.

I was very lucky and managed to buy the correct wheel and new Continental unused tyre, complete with jack, wheel brace, tow hook and stowage tray for £70 off a guy fairly local to me advertising on Gumtree. I think it came off a write off car and had obviously never been used.

Don't worry about this being a 14 inch wheel, this gives the correct rolling circumference irrespective of whether you car is a Zetec with 15 inch rims or a Titanium with 16 inch rims.

It is not a skinny spacesaver but has the yellow stickers on it with max speed 50 mph/80 kph, and fits in the boot whilst retaing a flat load flo

Hope this is of help.

thanks the 175/65/R14T has the same circumference as the eBay ones 125/80/R15 about 183cm

see http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

so they will probably do as an emergency get me home tyre though their contact area with the road is smaller.

Brand new never used spacesaver Pirelli 125/80 R15 complete with styrene insert and jack, it also has towing eye and wheel brace.

There is a slight scuff on the rim, see pic. only mentioned it so you know, scraped it when storing it away.

Buyer collects from Bury in Lancashire, M26 post code. no postage due to size and weight.

£40 cash.

Cheers, Roger.

see for sale thread for pics.

Hi Julian

It is not a skinny spacesaver but has the yellow stickers on it with max speed 50 mph/80 kph, and fits in the boot whilst retaing a flat load floor.

Hope this is of help.

Just read this again. Do you mean Ford doesnt even include a towing hook. How on earth are you supposed to tow it when it breaks down?

Brand new never used spacesaver Pirelli 125/80 R15 complete with styrene insert and jack, it also has towing eye and wheel brace.

There is a slight scuff on the rim, see pic. only mentioned it so you know, scraped it when storing it away.

Buyer collects from Bury in Lancashire, M26 post code. no postage due to size and weight.

£40 cash.

Cheers, Roger.

see for sale thread for pics.

Thanks - would have been just the job but I live near Birmingham and have already ordered a one from eBay. The daughter is in Skipton.

No worries, just saw it said Yorkshire

Julian

Just to clarify, original boot equipment supplied with my car was a can of repair foam, compressor AND a tow hook. So as I bought a spare wheel kit I now have two tow hooks, lucky me! Hope I never have to use either of them.

Julian

Just to clarify, original boot equipment supplied with my car was a can of repair foam, compressor AND a tow hook. So as I bought a spare wheel kit I now have two tow hooks, lucky me! Hope I never have to use either of them.

Ok thanks - So there should be a tow eye in the car when my daughter picks it up next week.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club