Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Idea What This Is?

Mental_Atom

Sorry, the picture kinda sucks, but I have weird cloudy patches on the paint on my bonnet. It's not dirt, I've cleaned it several times but it's like it's under the paint. Picture attached?

I know it's an old car and possibly beyond being sorted, but any ideas what's with the paint?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

post-54954-140450141965_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, the picture kinda sucks, but I have weird cloudy patches on the paint on my bonnet. It's not dirt, I've cleaned it several times but it's like it's under the paint. Picture attached?

I know it's an old car and possibly beyond being sorted, but any ideas what's with the paint?

looks to me like heat from under the bonnet over the years has affected the paint,

You could always carbon wrap the bonnet or fit a bonnet Scoop :)

looks to me like heat from under the bonnet over the years has affected the paint,

You could always carbon wrap the bonnet or fit a bonnet Scoop :)

Ah, so is there nothing could be done to sort the paint? Those options are a little too "boy racer" for me haha :)

Honestly, it's so old I'm not that bothered but I like to keep it looking its best if I can!

• Like 1

Ah, so is there nothing could be done to sort the paint? Those options are a little too "boy racer" for me haha :)

Honestly, it's so old I'm not that bothered but I like to keep it looking its best if I can!

Thought they would be mate,

you could try clay bar cleaning,

Then some colour coded T-Cut but if its under the laquor then all thats pointless,

What does the corresponding side under the bonnet look like?

A bonnet respray could be as much as 300,

But you could easily 4 bolts swap the bonnet for around 120 from a breakers,

Carbon wrap the existing one and sell it on Gumtree make your money back on the inital spend,

Boy racers would love it,

Thought they would be mate,

you could try clay bar cleaning,

Then some colour coded T-Cut but if its under the laquor then all thats pointless,

What does the corresponding side under the bonnet look like?

A bonnet respray could be as much as 300,

But you could easily 4 bolts swap the bonnet for around 120 from a breakers,

Carbon wrap the existing one and sell it on Gumtree make your money back on the inital spend,

Boy racers would love it,

I'll probably just leave it in that case.

Inside of the bonnet has some cover thing on the inside, looks like it's some kinda material but it's filthy so I won't touch! Gonna be getting rid if it in a couple of months anyway.

Haha a boy racer in this would be hilarious, I reckon it has about 40bhp left of that! Slowest boy racer in the world!

• Like 1

I'll probably just leave it in that case.

Inside of the bonnet has some cover thing on the inside, looks like it's some kinda material but it's filthy so I won't touch! Gonna be getting rid if it in a couple of months anyway.

Haha a boy racer in this would be hilarious, I reckon it has about 40bhp left of that! Slowest boy racer in the world!

they do like em though :)

Vynil wrap makes it go faster lol

• Like 1

they do like em though :)

Vynil wrap makes it go faster lol

Oh of course, I'd forgotten about that added effect ;)

• Like 1

hey lenny so do stripes, that why ford fit em lmao..... for a bonnet from a scrappy around here anyway ur looking at 40 notes, 50 tops....

scoop not a bad idea, keeps engine running cooler, less initial metal weight, now is fibre glass.... power to weight ratio lol

• Like 2

hey lenny so do stripes, that why ford fit em lmao..... for a bonnet from a scrappy around here anyway ur looking at 40 notes, 50 tops....

scoop not a bad idea, keeps engine running cooler, less initial metal weight, now is fibre glass.... power to weight ratio lol

So just out of interest (as I know nothing about this), how would you about getting a part like that from a scrappy? Is a bonnet swap easy?

• Like 1

should be somat like 4 13mm bolts, car dependant, oh any unplug washer piping

• Like 1

So just out of interest (as I know nothing about this), how would you about getting a part like that from a scrappy? Is a bonnet swap easy?

bonnet swap isint like hanging a door in the house or on a kitchen, theres no lining up.involved,

The four bolt holes are exact,

Jut need some WD-40 spray on the bolts,

Then count the number of full rotations you had to do to remove them,

Have a friend hold the bonnet while you unbolt,

Then put on replacement and count the rotations to fully tight again.

Check eBay for breakers of fiesta parts or phone around local.

Thanks for the help so far guys! Would this be the trick (I get confused between the oldish fiesta, they all seem to look super similar facelift or not. Mine is a P-reg, that's an S reg...)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Bonnet-Blue-breaking-spares-or-repair-/201109497635?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ed30f6723

• Like 1

Thanks for the help so far guys! Would this be the trick (I get confused between the oldish fiesta, they all seem to look super similar facelift or not. Mine is a P-reg, that's an S reg...)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Bonnet-Blue-breaking-spares-or-repair-/201109497635?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ed30f6723

Looks like a perfect match to me,
  • Like 1

Looks like a perfect match to me,

Thanks for all your help mate! I might not replace it but does no harm to enquire :)

ditto with lenny

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club