Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2008 Gem/fuse Box Front Headlight Always On

tugmen

I have an electrical issues realeted with front headlight, it is always on, can not be turned off. Only it can be switched off by taking out battery pole out or fuse pulling out..

service told me that the gem fuse box should be replace, it cost more than 750 usd.

Now, ı am using my car while the two fuses pull out as shown in the figure, at night, I am mounting the fuses back onto gem module than daylight pulling out back again.

Any suggestions for this problem fixing? How can ı check.post-56037-140450577769_thumb.jpgpost-56037-140450579646_thumb.jpg

iPad 'den Ford OC aracılığı ile gönderildi

Who told you that? its either a failed relay, or a bad wiring!

Definitely sounds like it could be the headlamp low beam relay, the dealer shouldn't have written off the GEM unit without checking that first.

Next step would be to find the headlamp relays and try swapping the Hi and Low beam ones to see if the fault moves with the relays. If not then it's either a wiring issue or the GEM faulty or possibly a problem with the headlight switch - if you unplug this and the lights still stay on then it's not a switch problem.

First check I'd say is the relays but can't find any information at all on where these are on the car......worst case is they're internal to the GEM :unsure:

I had similar problem with my fuse box last year. After 2 years, right low beam stopped working. service first thought it's headlight box, they order it, and it's still not working. They changes board GEM, and reprogrammed it. (They needed both car keys). Car was on warranty still.

Maybe I broken it with my leg, hitting the codriver compartment?

My real part number is 7M5T-14A073-DC as shown in figure attached.

When I asked the service for new one, they are providing 7M5T-14A073-FG

price is over 1500 USD..

When I asked to find a used one, most of the material suppliers provide same serial number, but ending with different last two(2) characters as BF, BC..

My question is what matter I really face with if I buy the diffrent used ones?

Anyone knows?

to be honest, if you get one from a higher spec car it should be fine and you wont lose anything, but if you get one from a lesser spec car, then you could be looking at losing functionality.

Make sure that the model you get is from the same transmission type as your car as well.

How can I understand or sure that I get the higher one or lower..

Does the last two characters namely mine is DC and service offers FG..so does it mean if I get BF, this is lower one since it starts with B ( lower than D) ???

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Ford OC mobile app

if you ask the seller what the donor car is they could confirm its say Focus Titanium, or LX. I havent yet found a pattern to the part numbers that really confirm what the model it relates to is!

Thank you jeebowhite.

I also searched but no information. Nobody knows what the last two character assigment is...

By the way, should I make reprogramme after I install the Gem module?

Yes, the GEM module/fuse box needs to be programmed to the car. All settings of the GEM module/fuse box must match with the options of the car. Otherwise some functions may not work correctly or may not work at all.

During production Ford used several different types of GEM module/fuse box for the different trim/option levels. Which particular version is used depends on the options of the car. For replacement purposes Ford only offers 1 type of GEM module/fuse box. This is the version which supports all possible options and is bacwards compatible with all possible types of GEM module/fuse box that are used in the Focus MK2/MK2.5.

The latest available GEM module/fuse box has part number 7M5T-14A073-JG. The J in this part number stands for the version of the module. The G in this part number stands for the revision of the module and is less important. During production the parts are constantly improved. If this happens (even for very small changes) the revision letter is changed.

You should search for a GEM module/fuse box with the same or higher part number as the current one. My experience is that versions of the GEM module/fuse box which support all possible options can be found easily online or at a local scrapyard. Prices may vary a lot. Last year I needed one after retrofitting some options and found one at a local scrap yard for €20,-.

Thanks for your reply JW1982.

If I should search the gem module with the same p/n or higher, mine is DC, so instead of BF, I should try to get FB or FG...( F > D)

Do u agree?

Is there any website which I could check the part number specifications online for gem module?

The problem is that Ford does not always use a logical order for the part numbers of the GEM module/fuse box. A higher alphabetical letter does not necessarily mean that the GEM module/fuse box supports more options. The information which is listed in the Ford Ecat part software does not even mention specifically which functions are supported for each part number.

As far as I know there is no list with all supported functions of the different types of GEM module/fuse box. Some time ago I tried to find more info about this subject but even in the Ford documentation I found almost no information. There are over 30 part numbers of the GEM module/fuse box which are used in the Focus MK2/MK2.5, C-max and Kuga. It would be almost impossible to find out which functions are/are not supported by each of them.

Personally I would stick to the original part number or the part number that Ford uses for the replacement part. Every other part number would be a bit of a gamble. Some of the other part numbers may also be suitable but the only way to find out is to try.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found used but new one, ending with JG from 2010 focus diesel.

Mine is DC which is repacked is FG...

I will try to mount it and if needs try to programme

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the one JG, sunroof and aircondition did not work.

I finally found the exact part number ending DC; 7M5T-14A073-DC and mount it. No need to programme. Everything is ok with the car.

Excellent result!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club