Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Remove Mirror Indicator Lense

STEADS

Does anyone know how to remove the indicator lense on the mk2.5 mirror as I want to tint them down a bit just done the rear fog and reverse looks good not gone totally black more a smoke effect all I,ve got to do now is tint down the clear third brake light (st) and the mirror indicator lense any pointers in removal appreciated

Don't do what I did the second time I reversed into my drive......caught it on the gate post (last car was a Freelander, mirrors a bit higher lol) cover flew off, luckily it all went back together lol.

Anyway, looks like it the cover just unclips, then just unclip the lens. :)

I had planned to fit a similar set of smoked lenses today (bought off Amazon) but one of them started coming apart where the lens was bonded to the backing plate as I tried to clip it in place :(

Will have to see about getting a replacement set, seemed to be sealed with clear silicone and this didn't hold when the lens flexed slightly to clip in.......

There a bit to dark for me Clive not a lover of the blacked out stuff want a more subtle tint will post pics of the fog and reverse lense later I'm happy with the way they have gone just like a light smoke to match the rear lights . How easy is the mirror cover to get off .

Managed to get them off just a gentle pull of the cover then ease the lense outpost-29006-0-41638800-1404658542_thumb.jpost-29006-0-61624600-1404658579_thumb.j only taken them down a tad for now run out of spray but happy with the fog and reverse lense I,ll get another can and do the third brake light .

Oh look, An Australian car :d

Sent from my S5

• Like 2

Aye I know runs well down under lol beeping iPads for taking photos keeps inverting everything how's this back in the uk

post-29006-0-17747500-1404659397_thumb.j

post-29006-0-72033900-1404659409_thumb.j

Much better, blood was rushing to my head viewing the phots upside down ;)

Sent from my S5

Yes I think I will thanks for link you haven't got one for the best option for the fog/ reverse Cree bulbs everyone is using have you done the dual reverse going to do a dual fog next weekend .

Haven't done the dual system myself, never got around to it.

I'd assume you have your old red lens to take the bulb holder fitting from?

If not I have a spare one going begging from my in-progress bumper upgrade.

Sent from my S5

Yer thanks Clive got all I need with bulb holder and connection coming to the end of the outside mods now a lad in work is going to get the front end grills all colour coded for me in the coming weeks which just needs me to make a decision on the front drls headlight change or fog surround .

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=350942095449&alt=web

You have the option to buy red or white singly or a pair with both colours.

I have the 30w versions of these fitted and they are very good.

Sent from my S5

How do those bulbs compare to the CREE type like these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Rear-Tail-Brake-Stop-Lights-Lamp-CREE-Q5-LED-Bulb-BA15S-380-P21-5W-RED-1157-/290940956315?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43bd6eae9b

I got some orange LED Bulbs for my repeaters but had to send the first set back as they were too long, there's not a lot of extra room in the lens for LED's

The ones you've listed are only 5w so nowhere near as bright.

I swapped that type out for 30w ones and they are much better plus the side led's on the bulbs help to fill the lens and reflector with a spread of light too rather than just a rear facing beam.

Sent from my S5

• Like 1

The ones you've listed are only 5w so nowhere near as bright.

I swapped that type out for 30w ones and they are much better plus the side led's on the bulbs help to fill the lens and reflector with a spread of light too rather than just a rear facing beam.

Sent from my S5

Ah, just noticed I didn't link to the exact bulbs I got, they are the 21W version of the ones in the link :rolleyes:

As in these, but in red which they don't seem to list now....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-FRONT-Signal-Indicator-Bulbs-CREE-Q5-LED-High-Power-581-PY21W-BAU15S-AMBER-/270894992360?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f12998be8

May get 1 to try before changing all of mine over. Even with the brighter double reverse lights I've got now, Ford's idea to spec my car with privacy glass and auto-dimming rear view mirror still make reversing at night a very much (hopefully not) hit and miss :rolleyes:

Reversing sensors are a must with tints.

Sent from my S5

Got that covered got a reverse cam dead handy in the local supermarket when reverseing next to a bollard

With my windowblinds on the car is as dark as a tint so sensors are a must.

Also my neighbours park like the cars are abandoned so my sensors are essential for squeezing into stupidly tight spots.

Sent from my S5

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club