Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help.. Mk2 Focus 07 1.8 Tdci

Hippo

Hi everyone

Hopefully someone will know the answer to this...

I finished driving my focus earlier and as I got out and closed the door I pressed the fob to lock it. It didnt work and made a weird double click noise as if another door was open so I opened and closed all doors and tried locking again.. nothing... it didnt lock. Seeing as the car was in a safe place I left it and eventually came back. As I got in and started it and pulled off I noticed the handbrake light in the dash was on but the handbrake was completely off. Next I noticed the interior light was still on.. got to the end of the road, indicated right and the green arrow and tick tock indicater noise wasnt working.. hmm I pulled over put the hazards on and all indicators were flashing but not tick tocking inside.. I then tested everything inside and noticed the outdoor degree temp sensor wasnt reading and the heated screen button didnt light up. The EML has now also come on.

All I have checked was the fuses supporting the central locking and they were ok... something says these are probably all linked together as they appeared to all stop working at the same time.

Has anyone had this trouble or know a fix?

Thank you for reading

Gary

Sounds like a electrical fault to me along the lines

Sounds like an earthing point problem tbh.

Sent from my S5

This happened to me in 2009 tdci. In the passenger footwell up under the glove box there is the bottom of some fuses. My passenger managed to flick a little breaker switch over which turned all the sensors off and turned functions off.

On the dash said bonnet open the heated screens didn't work, heating controls didn't work, outside temp sensor wasn't working.

There was probably more too that I never noticed. Took me a few hours after chasing electrical diagrams and fusses then luck helped me when I saw 1 switch was open 1 was closed.

I would be inclined to agree and start by looking at the GEM board. Pull it down and make sure that all connections are securely in place, the biggest connector in the middle is one of the key culprits. I suggest you ensure that all the connections are in place secured down.

Thanks everyone it is now repaired, Luke23 you were right, one of the two fuse things had come out slightly so it had to be a passenger that caused it by mistake. Looks like a bad design on fords side.

Thanks to everyone that replied and spared there time

Gary

Can we have your address to send invoices to please :))

Result :-)

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app