Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overheating Streetka?

Elfie

I've had my 54 plate Streetka for 18 months, recently I have noticed the fan seems to be kicking in alot after only short journeys usually when idling at the lights and the like.

Checked the coolant level and it's fine, no obvious leaks or need to top up. Plugged in OBD tonight and the engine temp is running at 95 degrees as soon as the engine is turned on. Fan kicks in at 100 degrees which doesn't take long to reach.....

Do Streetka's run on the hot side or do I need to investigate further? No error codes showed on OBD. Would a coolent flush make and difference?

The engines do run very hot as standard but you need to get the thermostat checked as they are a known weak point (one of many sadly). Also check your air con regularly as the control valve for that fails and it only blows warm air.

This was the exact same problem as mine! We changed the thermostat and also the thermostat housing and the problem was solved!

Get the thermostat and housing off eBay it was much cheaper than the dealer and good quality

They are great cars and a good one should be a future classic but they are too fragile and ours had to go. They need to be garaged or have a hard top as the roof goes mouldy, the rear screen can crack if it's not folded correctly, the door handles are weak due to an internal design fault, the boot light switch fails letting the battery go flat, the alarm can keep going off, the alternator is prone to failing, The top of the steering wheel degrades in the sun, the springs snap, the cold air valve fails blowing warm air and the thermostat is known to stick. Those are just the ones I can remember! But if you are prepared to put the time in and accept its faults its a fun car.

My streetka engine kept overheating, had the thermostat replaced (£86 including labour and green flag call out charge) now have no problems *touches wood*

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club