Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gutted! Alloy help...

Flic

Just popped down the road for something from the shops (Stuff for lunch tomorrow if you must know) and some utter dweeb (Trying super hard not to swear!) in a Merc cut me up on a roundabout and forced me into the roundabout and I curbed an alloy!!!!!!! I'm actually close to tears, I'm so annoyed!!! BEYOND ANNOYED! My baby is blemished :(

My Dad says to leave it, he reckons it's not THAT noticable. But I know it's there and it'll bug me. I can't STAND curbed alloys. So anyways, my question is do Ford refurb alloys? Is it painfully expensive?? And if I go elsewhere does it void any warranty :(

Off to cry now :(<_<

as far as i am aware ford do not refurb alloys. you have two choices, either buy a new alloy ar get it refurbed elsewhere. I wouldnt worry about the alloy wheels warranty

God I'm so annoyed :( Worrying about my tracking being knocked too, but it didn't hit that hard I guess... Ohhhhhhh gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4214_91674312203_500237203_2440868_2530122_n.jpg

The pretty 17's :( or at least they were pretty! Argh!

It would bother me too...hugs. It could have been worse though hun.

I do know a place in Northampton which refurbs alloys, I'm sure there is a place around you which must. I wouldn't have thought it would void your warranty as it's only really "cosmetic" if you see what I mean, i'm not sure though and would check it out before doing anything,

best bet is to find a bodyshop or wheel refurb place. Can sometimes get them done for little more than £40

There's a company that would come to my house to do it for £70 I just found. Oh this is so &#33;Removed&#33; annoying!! My poor car.

How deep is the scratch as if it is down to the metal then it may let corrosion in. Your dealer will probably have a company that they use to do refurbs. It maybe worth seeing how much a new wheel is vs the cost of a refurb. As when I had an alloy refurbed after the local tyre fitting monkey had a go at it, the colour match was ok but all the muck off the road seemed to stick to it much more readily than the other 3.

It's not hellishly bad, could be worse. It's around the rim of about a third of the alloy and all jaggedy :( Oh I'm so upset!! I'll give the nice bloke who sold me the car a call tomorrow and ask his advice I guess

It's not hellishly bad, could be worse. It's around the rim of about a third of the alloy and all jaggedy :( Oh I'm so upset!! I'll give the nice bloke who sold me the car a call tomorrow and ask his advice I guess

dont worry about it flic sh*t happens, it can easly be refurbed for not much money and you wont tell the difference,theres plenty of places that do it.

dont worry about it flic sh*t happens, it can easly be refurbed for not much money and you wont tell the difference,theres plenty of places that do it.

I know :( I suppose the first little ding is the worst!!

Awwww that would upset me too, have a hug. It's gonna happen to me at some stage (is that tempting fate?) I'm useless at judging distance from the pavement. I'm sure you'll find someone to make them good as new :)

It's gonna happen to me at some stage (is that tempting fate?)

I just touched wood for you! Don't wanna jinx you too lol

Awwww that would upset me too, have a hug. It's gonna happen to me at some stage (is that tempting fate?) I'm useless at judging distance from the pavement. I'm sure you'll find someone to make them good as new :)

I'm pants at judging the distance from the curb too. I still don't know how I passed my test first time. I wander what I'm going to be like when I do get the car as it's been 12 weeks so far, since I drove!

4675_96434292203_500237203_2519597_.jpg

The damage :( I officially hate Mercedes drivers!!

Ah poor you, its pretty bad, was expecting just a little dig out, I would be gutted too so big hugs xxx

It's just a case of who to use now :( Been researching and Pristine alloys in MK seems a good option, or WickedWheels who come to my house?! Hmmm... Anyone in the Herts area have any experience with good refurbers?? (Is that a word?! :lol:)

this is a good thred. do they repair cracks in the alloy as well or any 1 know if its possible to fix. i need to get my factory aloys done and sold . the tires are still perfect they only had 3,ooo miles on em so guna sell them . but your wheel dose look bad i just used it as a excuse to buy some new ones lol ha ha

I can't afford new ones right now Danny, plus I do like the standard ones. Or at least I did :(

I'm pants at judging the distance from the curb too. I still don't know how I passed my test first time. I wander what I'm going to be like when I do get the car as it's been 12 weeks so far, since I drove!

Poor Flic - I feel your pain, but am sure you will get them fixed and they will look as good as new and thanks for touching wood for me :)

Amy - It was about 8 or 9 weeks for me between passing my test and driving my wee Ka, and I hate to say it but it was sooooooo scary. I think your dad is wise in saying to get a couple of lessons, in your car though. My bf at the time took my car to an Industrial estate and I was to practice there, however, I missed the last turn to a unit and ended up at the junction to the main road. To be honest it was probably for the best as I just had to go for it. For about the 1st 4 weeks I only took it to the shops and back. I had the added difficulty that my right ankle wouldn't flex properly (as the reason for not being able to drive was cos I had broken it) so acceleration and clutch control was pretty painful. Jeez that was a ramble and a half.

Don't worry, I have the same alloys and National tyres took two chunks out of one of them with a tyre wrench :angry:

I got an alloy refurbed on my last car but the paint started peeling of and it was never the correct shade, so I think I am just going to buy a new alloy from Ford who quoted £110 and sell the damaged one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club