Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta '09 Bluetooth Audio

r.youden

below the stereo theres 4 buttons 2 on left 2 on right they just have lines thru them! one on far left answers one closest to u ends! there directly below the cd/radio/aux/phone/menu buttons and the keypad

It also says in the manual that the "M" button on the steering wheel can be used to answer calls but all mine does is reject them. Is this a fault? I was going to ring my dealer tomorrow about it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronnie Roberts

• KeithC

• Ben...

• irononreverse

All this fannying about with phones, bluetooth etc when all you need is a USB stick. :rolleyes:

ive got bluetooth and voice control but no usb ,just the phono socket , is it possible to have a usb socket fitted in the future ? , does anyone though what it would cost

cheers

most dealerships wont even attempt a retro fit, parts might be cheap but bet u would have a 3-4 hour labour bill at £60 an hour..... not really worth it!!!!

very happy with the bluetooth and voice control , at first i thought it was bit rubbish because i was saying o instead of zero and it was getting confused , it seems very good if you say voice commands clear and not to fast

Of cause your phone does!

I agree that the phone may be the sender and the car the receiver, but never the less the phone is the media device and therefore will be able to change tracks! I say this in corespondence with the iPhone as i'm not sure how the other phones operate.

However, why would you want to control the music via the phone when you can do it all via the centeral controls in the car lol.

I have the cable (usb) now so that's my fallback, but im 99% sure that when 3.0 is released on 17th June the iphone will be able to sync with the car to play music wirelessly, with functionality incorperating both text on screen, control from car/phone and ringtones etc!

I upgraded my iPhone to OS 3 and took it out to the Squeezemobile and tried out a few things.

To get the audio bluetooth stream from your iPhone press the AUX button on the console twice.

Unfortunately you don't get any track information displayed on the screen (it's a 4 line version). However, you can skip fwd and back using the steering wheel control and adjust volume.

Anyone know if it's possible to get the track info streamed to the car unit too?

I upgraded my iPhone to OS 3 and took it out to the Squeezemobile and tried out a few things.

To get the audio bluetooth stream from your iPhone press the AUX button on the console twice.

Unfortunately you don't get any track information displayed on the screen (it's a 4 line version). However, you can skip fwd and back using the steering wheel control and adjust volume.

Anyone know if it's possible to get the track info streamed to the car unit too?

Either buy the Ford cable or spend a little less on a USB memory stick and put all your MP3's on there.

Still not fathomed out why anyone would bother with an iPod, phone etc when a USB memory stick does exactly the same with a lot less bother.

Keith - for Mac/iTunes store users the memory stick isn't an option (damn shame) if the car can't deal with AAC files. You can convert unprotected tracks to MP3 but those purchased from the store can't be done - that's a third of my (huge) music collection.

Keith - for Mac/iTunes store users the memory stick isn't an option (damn shame) if the car can't deal with AAC files. You can convert unprotected tracks to MP3 but those purchased from the store can't be done - that's a third of my (huge) music collection.

Must admit, never bought anything through iTunes and never will, so wouldn't even know. Most of mine are ripped CD's from the last 20+ years.

Either buy the Ford cable or spend a little less on a USB memory stick and put all your MP3's on there.

Still not fathomed out why anyone would bother with an iPod, phone etc when a USB memory stick does exactly the same with a lot less bother.

I've got the USB cable and the iPhone still works fine. However, it'll be a bit more convenient if the track info was streamed vai bluetooth.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a software update on the stereo to enable BT audio in cars that were released with the older software?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a software update on the stereo to enable BT audio in cars that were released with the older software?

This is what I want to know as well. There was a topic about it a while back and someone was going to check it out but they've not been back in a while.

According to the Ford mobile connectivity site, the Nokia 6220 is fully compatible with the bluetooth, I've just brought this online yesterday and I'll let you guys know the results. Apparently I should be able to stream music through bluetooth and setup the mobile navigation stuff.... the phone should arrive in a few days.... we'll see...!

Hi, I just ordered a new Fiesta with the standard bluetooth extra (The one that doesn't have USB as well)...

Is there any word on whether the Apple 3.0 software update (which added A2DP) now means that it will work with my system? I have an iPod Touch 2G which has bluetooth...

Cheers

According to the Ford mobile connectivity site, the Nokia 6220 is fully compatible with the Bluetooth, I've just brought this online yesterday and I'll let you guys know the results. Apparently I should be able to stream music through bluetooth and setup the mobile navigation stuff.... the phone should arrive in a few days.... we'll see...!

The iPhones on the Ford website use the 2.1 software, which doesn't have A2DP... so there is hope!

Could anyone please confirm that if you don't have the USB option (like I), but have the bluetooth, can you stream audio over bluetooth to the Fiesta's stereo system?

Otherwise, can someone please explain where the bluetooth option is for that i have in my audio option menu?

If it can I will be buying a new iPhone and be very very happy!!

Thanks a Lot!!

Must admit, never bought anything through iTunes and never will, so wouldn't even know. Most of mine are ripped CD's from the last 20+ years.

Hi, I have ordered my Fiesta and now have to wait till September !

However, in the time I have to wait I thought I would load all my mp3's on to a usb stick.

Can you tell me if I have to save them as single tracks, or can I file them in directories by album title or artist....ie. how far will the system drill down.

However, in the time I have to wait I thought I would load all my mp3's on to a usb stick.

Can you tell me if I have to save them as single tracks, or can I file them in directories by album title or artist....ie. how far will the system drill down.

The system can read at least two directories down. So it could be ARTIST>>ALBUM>>Songs.mp3 I think there is a maximum number of folders you can have over 100 at least. but I'll need to double check,

Could anyone please confirm that if you don't have the USB option (like I), but have the bluetooth, can you stream audio over bluetooth to the Fiesta's stereo system?

Otherwise, can someone please explain where the bluetooth option is for that i have in my audio option menu?

Thanks a Lot!!

Just a small bump, but does anyone know?

All I have is a seperate folder for each album, keeps everything simple then. Have the name of the artist follwed by the album title as the folder name and everything stacks up as is then.

All I have is a seperate folder for each album, keeps everything simple then. Have the name of the artist follwed by the album title as the folder name and everything stacks up as is then.

Hi, thanks for the info....I can start on that now.

Can you also tell me how you 'tell' the system what track you want it to play ?

If you want everything voice controlled then you're better off having your MP3's "flat" ie all on the disc with no folders at all.

Then it's just a case of remembering what number track your favourite songs are on, pushing the voice control button and saying "Track" then saying the numbers normally, up to 99. eg "sixty five" "twenty three" "ninety nine."

Anything above 100 and you'll need to say it in single digits. eg 107 would be "one zero seven" 485 would be "four eight five"

Just in case anyone's wondering, my favourite tracks are seventeen and fifty three. :P

Thanks a Lot!!

Hhmmm, any news on if this is possible?

Hhmmm, any news on if this is possible?

my iPhone running OS3 will BT stream audio to the unit but no track info is displayed. Press the AUX button a few times until BT Audio is displayed.

I'm therefore still using the Ford USB cable.

Quick edit: In fact ANY audio on the iPhone streams by BT to the car. Just been playing the Homer Simpson App over the car stereo!

Can also confirm that you can only control the tracks played by using the controls on the phone. Those on the unit and the sterring wheel don't function.

Never use the Voice control myself, nice gimmick, but you can't beat the old way of doing these type of things.

Never use the Voice control myself, nice gimmick, but you can't beat the old way of doing these type of things.

As it's the wife's car and not mine, I just have it on "Shuffle All", and just skip any song I don't like. If I could be bothered I'd make another folder and stick 50 of my fav songs in and just play that, as a kind of playlist.