Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta '09 Bluetooth Audio

r.youden

so for late reply, I took in my 09 Zetec S to the dealer and was told that although the phone does support bluetooth music streaming the programme and spec of audio equipment in my car which is bluetooth and AUX in, does not support bluetooth streaming. I asked why that was as if I can make calls via bluetooth why cant I stream music. He stated that it was the programme that was installed when the car was built and that they can not re-write this but are only supplied updates for that current programme. I asked if the module, stereo looms etc can be changed and he said no as stated above they do not have the programmes to install as this is only done when the car is built and does not think it could be retro-fitted

So if you have bluetooth Aux in but no usb then no you cannot stream music, if you have bluetooth Aux in and usb then you can stream. Anyone that states they can stream bluetooth with the first audio option cant be right. On a plus for me they replaced the BT module and updated the software on warranty as they found an error code.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronnie Roberts

• KeithC

• Ben...

• irononreverse

so for late reply, I took in my 09 Zetec S to the dealer and was told that although the phone does support bluetooth music streaming the programme and spec of audio equipment in my car which is bluetooth and AUX in, does not support bluetooth streaming. I asked why that was as if I can make calls via bluetooth why cant I stream music. He stated that it was the programme that was installed when the car was built and that they can not re-write this but are only supplied updates for that current programme. I asked if the module, stereo looms etc can be changed and he said no as stated above they do not have the programmes to install as this is only done when the car is built and does not think it could be retro-fitted

So if you have bluetooth Aux in but no usb then no you cannot stream music, if you have bluetooth Aux in and usb then you can stream. Anyone that states they can stream bluetooth with the first audio option cant be right. On a plus for me they replaced the BT module and updated the software on warranty as they found an error code.

Is this still true? I don't suppose there is any kind of after market add on available is there?

Read the other massive USB/Bluetooth thread, apparently you can retro fit the correct module and get it working

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/21/2011 at 2:13 PM, mikester said:

Read the other massive USB/Bluetooth thread, apparently you can retro fit the correct module and get it working

Link? 

Its fairly easy. 

- fix a module with mini usb. Check The serial or The text On it. It should say: with bluethoot and usb. 

- Disconnect old module and replace new one 

- If h want usb as Well, order a oem cable at The dealer(mine was €50), The right usb cover and adapter( If u want i can give u The finis code/ order number) 

- Find Some one that knows how to work with forscan. 

- in forscan Go to CC/IPC select The option: with usb and with bluethoot function 

- update firmware for your radio(see yt for download links)

and Ur all set to Go. 

Took me about 60 min. For everything. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club