Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy Steering Rack On Mondeo Titanium Tdci 140

Mykee

Hi. I have a Mondeo titanium tdci 140 & recently there is a whistling sound coming from what sounds like the engine. If you dip the clutch & rev it's pitch rises with the engine revs.

I believe it's coming from my power steering so I took it to the garage where they replaced the PS pump, but when I picked it up it was exactly the same. So they ordered a replacement pump & that also made the same sound. They told it was my steering rack & as mine is a 57 plate that there was a recall on a certain year bracket (Mine falling inside of that). But I can't find anything relating to Ford recalling certain models that have this problem.

I did first notice a loss of power steering a month or 2 ago but only for a split second, so i'm convinced it's from the steering rack.

The steering hums slightly when turning & when I turn the engine off there is a whining / whirring sound for a few seconds from under the bonnet (I assume the steering).

It's very noisy & embarrassing to drive, it's very bad when I stop & then reverse as well.

I've only owned the car a few months & hardly drive it & so far I've spent more money on repairs than insurance & fuel.......... GRRrrrrrrr

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Mike

hopefully if someone has the software they might be able to tell you what the recall notice was. I would say speak to Ford Customer service, get their clarity they should tell you which callback was applicable to you at the time.

Mine seems to have similar problem to yours. Mine clunks when turning either way and there is a whirring and humming sound when turning off the engine.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Ford OC mobile app

yeah I suspect the clunk is due to the top mounts, but I am not in a hurry to fix that, I will get Ford to have a look at it when its in for its next service.

The humming noise I believe is ust the climate control deactivating and the vent adjustments.

Hm thanks @jeebowhite I'll have it looked at on Saturday.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Ford OC mobile app

Good luck!

Thx Jeebowhite. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow....... fingers X'd

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club