Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When To Order

Mental_Atom

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to take delivery of a new fiesta towards the end of October, what would be a good sort of time to place the order? Also, do you sort the finance out when you pick up or when you do the deal?

Thanks as always :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

If your factory ordering I'd say beginning to middle of September, salesman would advice better. Can order now for then if you really wanted. He'd select a build date suitable.

You sort the finance and deposit when you sign it all off or can pay half and half deposit when you collect it, but don't pay a monthly payment until after youve collected the car (28 days from then usually).

If your definately ordering one, just sort it with a salesman and he'll get everything ready.

• Like 1

Order as early as possible to be certain it will be ready in time for when you want to collect it. people have been waiting months before, especially if you are adding extra's- sat nav and the like. had to wait for a factory build myself and would avoid having to do it again if at all possible

• Like 1

Order as early as possible to be certain it will be ready in time for when you want to collect it. people have been waiting months before, especially if you are adding extra's- sat nav and the like. had to wait for a factory build myself and would avoid having to do it again if at all possible

If your factory ordering I'd say beginning to middle of September, salesman would advice better. Can order now for then if you really wanted. He'd select a build date suitable.

You sort the finance and deposit when you sign it all off or can pay half and half deposit when you collect it, but don't pay a monthly payment until after youve collected the car (28 days from then usually).

If your definately ordering one, just sort it with a salesman and he'll get everything ready.

Thanks guys! Oh so helpful as always :)

Do either of you happen to know any good dealers or dealer groups that like to offer discounts on new cars? I like the idea of online brokers but not so fond of the idea of not having an actual dealer to talk to...

Yes allow 8 weeks at least with the order. And take some broker quotes or get a quote on car wow and use to get the dealer to come down to that sort of price. Plenty of discount to be had on fords

• Like 1

Yes allow 8 weeks at least with the order. And take some broker quotes or get a quote on car wow and use to get the dealer to come down to that sort of price. Plenty of discount to be had on fords

Cool, will do! Can't haggle with my nearest dealer, last time I showed him a broker price he practically fell off his chair! I'm sure there are others around though...

I used DriveTheDeal when I ordered my Fiesta on 20th January. Delivery was on the 5th March driven to my door (and with just under half a tank of fuel left). The only thing I found with DTD is that the initial quick quote on the website wasn't the price for normal customers but for those who could claim VAT. The price I got was still good but a few quid more than the web quote.

Also, don't be put off if your Dealer tells you that DTD don't sell to normal customers. I was told this by one dealer which obviously isn't true.

I'm probably gonna go via carwow, they aren't that far off the DTD price and I know I'm actually talking to a real person via the site.

If you don't mind me being nosey, what spec did you order?

I spoke with a real person over the phone on several occasions with DTD (the same person each time).

My spec is the Zetec 100bhp Ecoboost + DAB radio + City Pack + Full size wheel. Went with standard Race Red and no other extras from the dealer when they contacted me after paying the £500 deposit.

DTD were ok to deal with (nothing bad and nothing special) and the dealer was quick to reply to my emails. The dealer didn't budge on any other extras (mats were one thing that I tried to get) giving me sob story that they couldn't afford to loose anymore money.

I did get some good quotes from Car Wow but went with DTD in the end.

Ah, cool. Yeah, I guess it's a matter of opinion. DTD at the moment say about their prices including a £300 discount but only if you buy an already built one before end of July, though I'm sure it's no cheaper than before! Confusing!

Even though I'm not taking delivery til end of October, the thought of ordering it is so exciting, I'm like a child again haha :)

My schedule looks like it might change... My fiesta seems to have given up! Burning oil, drinking Fuel, running badly, staring badly, exhaust gained a hole... Garage can't even work out what's wrong yet! Even if they do not sure it'll be worth the cost to fix...