Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Driver

GenesisGFX

Hi

As i am new driver i am looking to get insurance for ford focus which i haven't bought it yet hehe

Well the cheapest i've seen is 1300 to 1800 for my first year and all cheapest was with Tesco Bank.

Is there any way i can make it cheaper? Some times i add 2nd person to my insurance with 18 years ncb and at the end it comes up more expensive than without one 0_o no idea how this insurance works.

Best regards

• Like 1

Third party fire & theft will be cheaper than fully comp,

Some insurance companys will be cheaper if:

You fit DRL's (those white l.e.d light strips)

Dash camera (records driving )

Alarm system

GPS tracker (car can be tracked if stolen)

oh ok i've seen that dash camera or black box like some people call them but don't think i want to do that, but to be honest i haven't seen any cheaper than Tesco bank i guess its only for my post code.

Also was wondering should i get membership on this site as it will give me some discounts for my first year

best regards

oh ok i've seen that dash camera or black box like some people call them but don't think i want to do that, but to be honest i haven't seen any cheaper than Tesco bank i guess its only for my post code.

Also was wondering should i get membership on this site as it will give me some discounts for my first year

best regards

there are a few advantages to forum membership however i would get a quote from the forum insurer first,

If they are over 10% more expensive than tesco for you,

Then there is no point to join if your not going with Adrian flux,

My first insurance was 2400.00euro but it comes down every year seems we all have to suffer an entry fee

• Like 1

Third party fire & theft will be cheaper than fully comp,

Some insurance companys will be cheaper if:

You fit DRL's (those white l.e.d light strips)

Dash camera (records driving )

Alarm system

GPS tracker (car can be tracked if stolen)

Actually, it can quite often work out cheaper to go Fully Comp!!

In my first year of car ownership, I saved about £50 going fully comp.

Adding a driver with plenty of NCB and no convictions SHOULD bring the price down...especially if a parent/guardian/family member/spouse.

Also worth fiddling with your job description - The Money Saving Expert website has a job comparison tool that shows you the lowest risk job title within similar titles.

Be careful with any modification - some insurers will just see £ signs rolling in their eyes at the mere mention of them!!

Black boxes and dash cams are separate devices. The black box schemes give you a small GPS tracker that records your location, speed (and can use these two to determine if you're speeding), style of driving (rapid acceleration or braking) and also the time you drive. Drive sensibly and you are rewarded - but these do not take into account the overall situation (like having to do an emergency stop because some kid runs out in front of you). Dash cams are primarily there to record what's happening outside of the vehicle. SOME insurers are offering a discount on approved cameras (Swift being one, and I THINK the Co-op). Some cameras are also fitted with GPS antenna to record location data. To see why dash cams are a bonus, have a look at the various dash cam threads.

Trackers can be useful, although I have heard of at least one person having their insurance go UP because they fitted one. The reason given was that the car was more likely to be recovered and in need of repair - so overall more expensive for the insurers (thieving gits...no better than car thieves really!!)

Decent alarm system should help though.

Forgive my long post, I hope you find some use from it

• Like 1

3rd Party isnt always the cheapest option. These days they offer cheaper rates to those who insure comprehensive policies.

• Like 1

Definitely go full comp and definitely put an older family on as second driver with a clean license etc.

I'm 32 and putting my mum on who is 63 knocks anywhere between £40-£60 off the annual premium.

Shop around and don't rely solely on comparison websites. Call insurers directly and get a quote over the phone as going direct can sometimes be cheaper than online.

Bear in mind location, postcode and local information will play a part in your premium cost.

Blackbox can reduce your insurance but me personally not a fan of the surveillance state.

I wouldn't recommend any modifications unless they are insurer approved and offer a discount.

• Like 1

oh wanted to ask about insurance on comparison websides, if i search for a quote will it be going on to my credit report or not?

not at all.

Inly if you apply for credit it will touch that.

You can do as many searches as you like. I would suggest use the big name comparison sites, then whichever gives you the cheapest quote for what you want, call them direct and see what the best price is direct with them.

Each comparison site will charge different levvies and have different agreements with the same insurers, so using a combination of 3 sites, you could find one is a decent deal cheaper than the others

not at all.

Inly if you apply for credit it will touch that.

You can do as many searches as you like. I would suggest use the big name comparison sites, then whichever gives you the cheapest quote for what you want, call them direct and see what the best price is direct with them.

Each comparison site will charge different levvies and have different agreements with the same insurers, so using a combination of 3 sites, you could find one is a decent deal cheaper than the others

They do appear, but only to say "Yep, this chap is real" - the search for a quote doesn't have an impact on your credit rating

Well, they certainly appear on Noddle

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

It appears as an Identity search (or words to that affect) rather than a check for an application of credit.

Shouldn't make any difference, I used to have access to my Experian file and just running the comparison sites adds loads of entries.

they only do that in case you start trying to commit fraud, however, its not entirely illegal to fib about your address, so if you have your own place could still use your mums, as then it references the address and individual :p

It realy doesnt matter though, its just so you dont declare 1 years NCB and 3 accidents, then you get to insurer X and claim no accidents and 10 years NCB

They do ask the postcode where the car is usually kept overnight though.

Yeah there's no way you can cheat it sadly

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

best regards

Hi,

Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes do offer discounts for a number of approved in-car cameras. If you need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

thanks will PM you

Any one has heard of BELL insurance i think its part of admiral i just had a quote of £1106 :huh: on my first year but i've added 2nd driver with 18 years no NCB

ok i've read some reviews and it looks like its a !Removed! company

A quick question about insurances from confused.com if i am thinking to get Car D car but there is no option to state that it has it, do they know the car had cat d or not?

Any one tried to insure cat d car? Whats the difference between normal and cat d? As its my first year I'm not sure how much it would be

They do ask the postcode where the car is usually kept overnight though.

Yeah there's no way you can cheat it sadly

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

You say there is no way of cheating it. ;)

Say your car got nicked and you haven't got a tracker. All you have to do is get to the registered post code before calling anyone.

The same as saying you don't use it for commuting. If you have an accident on the way to work then you just say I was going to my cousins house.

There is ways around everything in insurance. As mentioned before the job title. If I put butcher I pay more than a butchery manager.

I went to put my mum on my insurance which I was quoted £450 before hand. When added my mum it went up £2,000. Lol. That was through ford tho. Lol.

I'm with Tesco now and knowing seems to be able to beat them for the past 3 years.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Any one tried to insure cat d car? Whats the difference between normal and cat d? As its my first year I'm not sure how much it would be

Cat d has basically been.in an accident and the insurers didn't want to repair it so the owner has brought it back off the insurer then repaired it themselves. Once written off a car can't be put back on tge road until it has had a special mot.

Ok ok didn't know that so if the guy still driving it I'm guessing he has one of them special mot?

Yea. I believe you don't get the log book.back until it's had the mot. Can't remember what exactly it's called though. If you Google what is cat d there will be loads of info on it. But basically the resale sale price is cheaper on cat d cars.

When I use comparison sites, I then go to the insurer direct this can again save between 20 - 50 £ depending on the comparison sites charges. Cut out the middle man :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club