Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Display - Colour Change

Invisible Man

Has anyone ever changed the colour of the LED Display in the dash....It looks really out of place for some reason and fancied a blue one

post-48877-0-32032100-1404908762_thumb.j

One of my fellow mods did, it was a long process though from what I remember!

My other half has, it's called an SMD conversion. Involves taking the dashboard apart, getting all the boards out and soldering new LED lights onto them then wiring it all back up. Takes a few hours and and VERY steady hand or and few hundred quid to pay a professional to do it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Think I might leave that then....in the Corsa (Sorry) you could just replace the bulbs in the back with different colours. 10 minute job

Think I might leave that then....in the Corsa (Sorry)

Please no blaspheming in the house of ford! :D :D

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

yeah the LED's are a bit more tricky, it takes a steady hand but you can make a good job of it with a soldering iron.

• 2 years later...

Can anyone help me;-  to advise how I set about step by step removing my visual display on a 08 Ford fiesta sport van.

The current VDU works then dosnt work it does however light up at all times screen is empty when its not working.

Then can anyone advise what I should to to keep it working (or should I replace it for a new unit)

thanks 

19 hours ago, STONEPICKER said:

Can anyone help me;-  to advise how I set about step by step removing my visual display on a 08 Ford fiesta sport van.

The current VDU works then dosnt work it does however light up at all times screen is empty when its not working.

Then can anyone advise what I should to to keep it working (or should I replace it for a new unit)

thanks 

Please post a new topic in the appropriate Ford Fiesta forum. You're hijacking a thread, and this is the Ford Focus forum :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club