Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater Problem (Not The Valve)

Phil919191

Hi,

Sorry this is my first post and I'm asking a question. I promise, where I can, to contribute some help to others to maintain the balance... :)

I have a 1999 fiesta (I think it's a MK4 - the type with the facelift) and have a problem with the heater control. A while ago it started blowing hot only. The air con still worked but hot was all I got. So I changed the valve (it's now on its 5th valve!) but still it blew hot (my fault really, I should have checked the voltage across the valve terminals before assuming it was the valve at fault). After a bit more checking I decided there must be a fault with the control PCB (couldn't find any earth faults or any other potential causes) so I bought a replacement PCB from the scapyard for £5 and all was well... for 3 weeks... now I'm back to hot air only :(.

Strangely enough the air con switch no longer works at all. I'm wondering if this PCB has now blown too. If it is the PCB does anyone know how I find out the cause? I don't want to fit another just to have it blow on be again in a few weeks.

My interim plan is to hard wire the heater to blow cold, at least for the summer months! I will miss the air con though. It's a shame as the air con has never been re-gassed and still blows really cold. Way colder than most cars my wife's had since I "inherited" the Fiesta.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks!

Found the cause. The dupont connector has a loose connection on one of the pins so I've pushed a stiff wire in to run alongside the pin and it's working now. Shame the connector can't be stripped easily to tighten the connections.

Glad we could help LOL. Glad you got it sorted :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club