Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My St - Upgrades

Eltham93

Hi All,

Thought I would join a forum (First time!) and give some people that want to do little upgrades and for those who can help me with some ideas for my ST! So here goes nothing!

My Ford ST:

Brought in March - 14 plate - "Moltern Orange" - Sat Nav included with a few little other extras. Went for the coloured interior, looks perfect :)

Mods/Upgrades So far:

March:
Wind deflectors - Got them from Ford but much cheaper online. I had these on my last fiesta and they are a straight swap onto one another, however had some little teething problems, but after constant use they get into their suited position and hold fine.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-3DR-ST-ZETEC-EDGE-TITANIUM-2008-on-HEKO-WIND-DEFLECTORS-DFO15229-/280980012578?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFiesta&hash=item416bb6be22

June:
Mini aerial, works fine, found on eBay came from the states but works on the UK frequencies. Looks really different at first, but after a while it suits the car. £15
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RICHBROOK-5500-69-OFFICIAL-LICENSED-FORD-ROOF-AERIAL-/181026010306?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&hash=item2a25fdb4c2

June:
As I have the “Molten Orange” colour the ST badge (the important part!) on the rear doesn't stand out, being red…. So I have ordered a stick over to go on the original - They stick perfectly and are SUPER sticky! Make sure you get it right first time people, nothing worse than a wonky sticker!
http://www.dmb.uk.com/

Really cheap aswell!! £10 bargin in my opionion, been through a few washes and is still as strong as day one.

On my to add list:

Mountune Stage 1 … then 2 (Yes there is a Stage 2 out this year!!!)

Called my local Mountune gargae and they can do it for £659 (All in) - Perfect, all booked in whilst I am away, got the old man who will drop it off there and collect it once it is done, only an hour or so job! Perfect welcome home present!

I am mountuning it as it does not invalidate the warrenty.

Alloys:

My first question is what size?! I am not planing on lowering the car, so I am thinking its got the be 17” or even 18” ? Now what ones to get! Budget is up to, lets say £500.00 for the set, not including tyres as I have a "firend" - They need to be black, just a good option. I don’t want them to stick out too far either, as I do love a curb.

Anyone got any ideas? Or know any ones that will look good?

http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/selection/?car_model_id=419&year=2014

%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D181318139346%26_rdc%3D1

Intercooler Upgrade:

Few options around for this, I want something that is going to enhance my car, if not I will stick to the orignal. Any ideas?

Exhaust (Scorpion?):

Want the car to sound a bit more, you know, meaty! Although I will wait to see if it sounds better with the Mountune I think a litttle exhaust upgrade might be on the cards!

Front Splitter

Has anyone fitted one of these? I have read up on it and the context mentioned about !Removed! into the front bumper. Ahh. If anyone has any advise that would be greatt!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPLITTER-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-SPOILER-FOR-FIESTA-MK7-ST-AFTER-FACELIFTING-2013-UP-/221387056035?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338bb263a3

Breaks:

Needed if I am going to get stage 2 when it is out! - Again any ideas?

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE :D

I dont want to go sticker bombing (tacky IMO) mad, just nice simple upgrades?

Thanks everyone! I will update as and when :)

post-56211-0-26611000-1404984447_thumb.j

post-56211-0-41740400-1404984552_thumb.j

Yours looks very red for molten orange! Still a beautiful car though. I personally LOVE these wheels :p

Was going to buy them because I wanted an ST but had a change of plans lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

post-43442-140498499598_thumb.jpg

Alright dude, great post! Your st looks awesome :P I cannot recommend the MP215 enough, other members will also agree. Have you any info on stage 2? Ive heard its intercooler, sports cat and exhaust with remap and possibly charge pipes. The triple R splitter is great , makes the st look a lot meaner!

Alright dude, great post! Your st looks awesome :P I cannot recommend the MP215 enough, other members will also agree. Have you any info on stage 2? Ive heard its intercooler, sports cat and exhaust with remap and possibly charge pipes. The triple R splitter is great , makes the st look a lot meaner! All you have to do is line it up and drill the holes, it will fit perfectly. :)

Alright dude, great post! Your st looks awesome :P I cannot recommend the MP215 enough, other members will also agree. Have you any info on stage 2? Ive heard its intercooler, sports cat and exhaust with remap and possibly charge pipes. The triple R splitter is great , makes the st look a lot meaner! All you have to do is line it up and drill the holes, it will fit perfectly. :)

I am so looking forward to it, but i won't get to experience the difference truly as I am abroad for a few weeks so will miss the upgrade! But I am dead excited!!

I can find out more about stage 2 and let everyone know, I have an inside man ;)

Where did you get your splitter from and how much was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

If you could 'enquire' aha that would be great , I think everyone wants to know if its mp or mr , I personally think it will be mr230 and will invalidate the warranty .I havent got the splitter yet, its on my list but I think you can get it from their facebook page? I like the ST inlay, i got the black one, looks so much better with the badge standing out!

Another thing you could do is wrap the front lip in black, looks great Im getting mine done this weekend. could also look into upgrading the bulbs of HID's for ideas? ALso the induction hose, either Mountune or finsport one, compliments the mp215 brilliantly.

Don't change the wheels, they always look pikey on different wheels and everyset I've seen on a fiesta they just stick out and get kerbed instantly, if you must change the wheels for whatever reason (being individual is the worst excuse in the world ) then get FRS alloys or FST rims, keep it Ford.

It will be MR, they never do 2 MP kits for one car. I reckon MR240.

And Matt, is 'I want to' a good enough reason to change the wheels? :lol:

Focus RS wheels won't fit, they're 19", I'm pretty sure these are 17"s, possibly 18"s

I would love the RS wheels in Matt black but they are very expensive!

Once I have sorted my Upgrade I will "enquire" about stage 2 ;)

I would love the RS wheels in Matt black but they are very expensive!

Plus focus rims are 5 stud where as fiesta are only 4

Really looking forward to hearing about details on the Stage 2 but as Tom Said other members and i can't recommend the MP215 enough its an upgrade that everyone should do for the ST's :D

It will be MR, they never do 2 MP kits for one car. I reckon MR240.

Yeah I agree, not likely a MP kit. 240 would be awesome !

Yeah I agree, not likely a MP kit. 240 would be awesome !

evan tho it won't be covered by warranty its still very tempting but i prob won't go for it might become an expensive decision but could you imagine the torque it would have be insane and a lot of fun :P

evan tho it won't be covered by warranty its still very tempting but i prob won't go for it might become an expensive decision but could you imagine the torque it would have be insane and a lot of fun :P

Yeah definitely I would imagine you may need a brake upgrade though, and possibly the mr may include a bigger turbo , not sure what figures the stock turbo can take?

No, It's like saying "I want to" go to the brothel after work, I can't because it looks bad in the public eye regardless of how boss the individual at hand thinks it is and how high the immediate level of enjoyment is,

Changing wheels is just wrong, unless the do look good, like the Clio Market, the only ones people put on them are the Clio Cup Turinis and Speedlines Turninis as they look the same, perfect fitment etc, they don't stick out ( all aftermarket wheels stick out ) see the other thread where someone put some OZ lookalikes on his red Fiesta, looks poor and like a 17 year old bought the first ones he could find / afford stuck out like a sore thumb, they won't last 5 days in this country before they get chewed up.

Plus as soon as people buy bigger wheels the next thread they make is where to buy tyres as they are too expensive now ( often a set of 4 of 18's is as much as the wheels for good ones )

There was someone on here a while back that had RS rims on theirs, not sure if they were genuine items but they were cheap and looked really smart, proper OE style.

It's a matter of personal opinion though lmao, you might think my wheels look awful but I love them. I hate the standard wheels, they don't stand out at all and I don't like the design :p

No, It's like saying "I want to" go to the brothel after work, I can't because it looks bad in the public eye regardless of how boss the individual at hand thinks it is and how high the immediate level of enjoyment is,

Changing wheels is just wrong, unless the do look good, like the Clio Market, the only ones people put on them are the Clio Cup Turinis and Speedlines Turninis as they look the same, perfect fitment etc, they don't stick out ( all aftermarket wheels stick out ) see the other thread where someone put some OZ lookalikes on his red Fiesta, looks poor and like a 17 year old bought the first ones he could find / afford stuck out like a sore thumb, they won't last 5 days in this country before they get chewed up.

Plus as soon as people buy bigger wheels the next thread they make is where to buy tyres as they are too expensive now ( often a set of 4 of 18's is as much as the wheels for good ones )

There was someone on here a while back that had RS rims on theirs, not sure if they were genuine items but they were cheap and looked really smart, proper OE style.

It's all a matter of preference, I said "I want" because i personally feel the car would look better with black alloys.

I have had a word with my sprayer and he is willing to spray the current alloys black, but, if I go to trade it in, the alloys will be the wrong colour!!

If someone could show me where to buy the RS ones that will fit I will happily buy!

At the end of the day, everything is down the preference :)

I'm currently thinking of my modifications to the ST...

I'm considering getting her up to about 250 - 270bhp for now, some mountune brakes (or other large kit, as Mountune only offer front brake kits), coilovers, short shift bits and bobs are a possibility, and then a clutch to match the upgrades. Also thinking of some bits to stiffen the car up, braces and such, anti-roll bars, etc. Possibly a diff but I'd see how the power feels first. This is going to be through to around next summer.

Or, ditching the ST and going with a 2.0 Ecoboost from a Focus in another Fiesta, possibly then doing the bits to make it look like the ST and all supporting mods.

The ZS is getting a tuning box this week also :P

im surprised people are so willing to potentially junk the warranty with these upgrades....doesnt make sense to do that. after 3 years, sure go to town if you really must (I wouldn't) , but give up protection against potentially very costly repairs for a bit more power on an already well sorted and performing car?

no thanks.

• Like 1

Like the sound of these mods I'll be watching how this one progresses.

I agree... Wouldn't want to loose my warranty going to get the mp215 but the only thing that's selling that to me is that it doesn't affect the warranty if it did would be a big no no lol I'm holding out on all mods at the min till after I've been to ford fair and seen a few others do things 1st (learn by others mistakes :P)

Great post :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club