Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Exhaust System On Focus Zetec S

JamesR94

Hi,

I am considering changing my exhaust system on my Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 to make it look like a Focus St with the single pipe each side. I want it to sound a like an ST if possible and I don't want it sound 'tinny'. I'd like it to have a nice rumble to it.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to DIY or any recommendations on any companies that do this sort of thing in the Warwickshire area, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Hi mate the ST has an extra 5th cylinder which gives it a characteristic engine / exhaust note. You will be hard pushed getting that noise out of a 1.6 4 cylinder.

Ford spend a lot of time developing the sound symphoser on the mk3 ST to try and get that sound back as the new ST engine is back to a 4 cylinder.

Exhausts wise there are a few people on here that have fitted custom dual exit exhausts which will hopefully help you out. You cant fit an ST exhaust due to the interfering spare tyre well found on non ST models.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info :)

I've seen a lot of pictures on the Internet of Zetec S models with twin pipes each side, I want single each side. I've just got to find the right brand and people to get in touch with now :)

Thanks, James

Sent from my iPhone using Ford

• Like 1

Your welcome :)

As far as I know there is no direct fit exhaust available, most of the guys on here have been to there local exhaust shop for a custom job.

Its not a hard job either you should get the specs of an ST exhaust ie tip style, diameter and approach some local shops

• Like 1

Try powerflow. They have shops all over the country.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have got a st exhaust being modified and fitted to my 1.6 zetec this Friday by power flow , don't be scared of the name and think it will cost loads , they are charging me £150 fully fitted!!! That's back box modified and fitted

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info :)

I've seen a lot of pictures on the Internet of Zetec S models with twin pipes each side, I want single each side. I've just got to find the right brand and people to get in touch with now :)

Thanks, James

Sent from my iPhone using Ford

Piper sell an off the shelve ST replica system,

Heres a link: http://www.piperexhausts.co.uk/piperstore/product_info.php?cPath=26_230_462&products_id=4337

One would assume it should sound as close as possible too,

I've bought my diesel duplex from piper and highly recommend full cat back aircraft stainless steel system,

Mounts straight on to Fords ST exhaust hangers available separately from local ford dealer around 35 pounds for all parts.:

Image2302.jpg

Image2311.jpg

Image2312.jpg

Heres a link: http://www.piperexhausts.co.uk/piperstore/product_info.php?cPath=26_230_462&products_id=4337

Image2305.jpg

Image2306_zps15bf0ddc.jpg

Image2308.jpg

Image2421.jpg

I guess Piper like to use the phrase 'aircraft stainless steel' to make it sound like something 'amazing' rather than T304 stainless since that's all it is.

• Like 1

I guess Piper like to use the phrase 'aircraft stainless steel' to make it sound like something 'amazing' rather than T304 stainless since that's all it is.

they say aircraft because once fitted she's gonna be flyin.

• Like 2

they say aircraft because once fitted she's gonna be flyin.

Haha :D :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club