Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wipers Won't Switch Off

jrooke85

I've got a mk2 1.6tdci focus estate and my wipers won't switch off, they only go off when I take fuse out. I've changed the stalk and checked all the connections, they seemed fine to me. I got advice that there is no seperate relaysfor the front wipers, so im abit stuck. Can anyone give me advice before I go to an auto electrian? would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I've got a mk2 1.6tdci focus estate and my wipers won't switch off, they only go off when I take fuse out. I've changed the stalk and checked all the connections, they seemed fine to me. I got advice that there is no seperate relaysfor the front wipers, so im abit stuck. Can anyone give me advice before I go to an auto electrian? would be appreciated.

common problem is:

Water gdtting in to the engine bay fuse box located on tge passenger side of tge engine bay,

Water resting in the box can short the relays allowing wipers to function, other items can also be affected such as indicators and horn,

Some owners believed there car to be haunted as it would happen during the night with nobody around lol

I've checked for water and checked all the relays in the engine fuse box, there is no relays I can see on the internal one. My head is battered trying to figure this out. I think a trip to an auto electrian is on the cards.

Have you tested any of the relays? Sounds like one has possibly overloaded/overheated and stuck the contacts in the on position.

Apparently there is no seperate relays on them from 06 upwards, someone mentioned that the full internal fuse box needs replaced.

The circuit diagrams show 2 relays for the wipers but it's very possible they're internal to the passenger fusebox/GEM :-/

cheers for the advice, I'll try and get one sorted soon.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club