Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Arm Rest?

neil5208

Hi All

Just got myself a Mk7 1.6 TDCI Titanium as my new run about, and have a few questions.

First, has anyone fitted an arm rest like these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130526957167?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

or is there a proper ford one avalible?

Second, has anyone chipped the engine for better MPG and if so which chip have you gone for?

Third, on the front windscreen to the left of the mirror I have a black "sensor" fitted. I know its not for the auto wipers or dimming mirror. Could it be part of the keyless entry system?

Thanks

Neil

Beware these aftermarket armrests because they can obstruct the handbrake and you may have to lift it just to use the handbrake which is too much of a pain for me. The top end 7.5s now have one as standard and they are designed not to do this.

I have fitted the armster armrest and I find it very good, look nice also imo... you can get it from ford

The sensor could be for the auto light but i dont know:) or as you say keyless entry i also have it

The sensor on the windscreen is for the built in navigation accessory for certain phones, like Nokia....it's the GPS receiver. With a correctly paired phone the directions appear in the dash display.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Tn, do you have any pics of your armrest? Does it get in the way of the handbrake or cup holders? Thx

Very nice, thanks!

This rings a bell now. The hand brake is over to one side so you can still get to it with the arm rest down. Correct? I think for me it would still be in the way though.

correct slightly to the drivers side, unless ur using handbreake under driving u would be fine:) but its a personal thing i geuss

Not sure what you mean by 'using handbrake under driving'?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

poor atempt of a joke to sandycat:) I have no problems applying the handbreake under normal conditions

Aahhh I see!! :) thanks :)

Was the ford arm reset difficult to fit?

no very easy only 4 screws, will take u 5 min to install:)

Will get down to Ford this morning and get on one order, just need to find out about the diesel tuning options avalible as I'm going to be doing 600-750 miles a week from August.

If you look at the arm rest in the 7.5 it is only between the seats and doesn't stick forward which makes sense because you rest your elbow on it and your elbow falls right between the seats. I do use my handbrake a lot in traffic when crawling along and as I have my seat quite far back I think it would be a problem for me but as you say it's a personal thing.

You can always stick it on eBay if you don't like it :)

Had a look at a mk7.5 yesterday, the arm rests is part of the center console moulding so I would have to change more parts.

I find I can only use the armrest in the 7.5 with one hand on the wheel.

Isn't that the way we all drive? ;)

Ordered the same arm as tn.nielsen for £103, should be in by Wednesday

Anyone know if these are available in other colours than black plastic? My interior (and leather seats) is a darkish grey, not black and would be a better match. Thanks :)

Quick update.

Received the arm rest from Ford and I am overall happy with it apart from 1 thing, this is that the same maker (Ford are subbing out) is selling on eBay for £50 less. Otherwise its a easy to fit as long as you have a rivet gun and drill, colour and patternation is a good match for the interior materials, the black leather is darker than my leather seats but I think this will fade in due course. Overall a woth while fit if you drive long distance and are looking for extra comfort.

Any pics? :)

How do you find the handbrake accessibility? This arm rest hinges upright doesn't it?

Yes the arm hinges up and between the seats, you can get to the hand brake with it down no problem but I foind it fiddly to get the seat belt clipped it with it down. Will charge the camera a get some pics up later.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club