Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Sidelights

PCr

Hi All,

I've recently bought a mk2.5, am a little confused about the sidelights: Which bulbs are actually supposed to be on?

If I turn on the parking lights (-1 on the switch) with engine off, I get only the dim bulbs in the top corner of the headlights.

If I turn the sidelights on (+1 on the switch) with the engine on or off, I still only get the dim bulbs in the top corner of the headlights, which to me seem a bit too dim for sidelights. +2 dipped beams and full beams all seem fine.

Is this correct?

post-56243-0-86434900-1405075800_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yes mate that's how mine works. If you upgrade the bulbs they will look a bit brighter.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Phew, that's alright then. Was ready to avoid driving at dusk!

• Like 1

Unfortunately the sidelights on the MK2.5 are pretty abysmal. That's why many members upgrade them to LED T10 Wedge or Cree LED's. For daytime use I guess they are sufficient as there is no requirement for lights on during the day as long as it's well lit.

Best option for daytime are DRL's which can be fitted to the MK2.5 and replace the existing Fog bezels.

Note if you plan on changing your sidelight be very careful with the bulb holder. It is flimsy and very easy to break.

These are the sidelights I use: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300925230029?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649&clk_rvr_id=665034269287&afsrc=1

• Like 1

Holy Headlights Batman, I'll check those out - amazingly I must have looked at every Focus headlight video on Youtube and not one showed me what the sidelights should look like when on!

Those 501 bulbs are pretty standard on all previous generation cars (before daytime running lights) I agree they aren't very bright but that's vwhen compared to modern standards, in the dark with an headlight out they are still useful.

Anyways parking lights use side lights of course with ignition off they are low energy bulbs (low energy for halogen technology)

I'm upgrading mine too but not for brightness more for colour. Btw they aren't so simple to change for the first time

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Cree/Led ones are much brighter, Dont buy the ones with multiple leds as they fail pretty quickly and as said theyre fiddly to change i greased the light fitting so it would come out easier next time if needed

2013-08-09214535_zps235f8624.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club