Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrong Oil?

bacchaito

I was yesterday at the mechanics to replace the oil and filter. He told me that he have Ford oil, not to worry. I thought as I already talked to him before that he has Motorcraft or Ford oil but ... I come back and he gives me rest of a 5L Total Quartz 9000 oil (5W-40).
Well, how?! It is this oil:
http://www.totaloil.com.au/Pages/content/NT0000C302.pdf
Oil is for Citroen, Peugeot, BMW ... but no for Ford and it does not say that it
's
under the specification WSS-M2C913-B, but only ACEA A3/B4, and Ford bible says:
If you are unable to find an oil that meets the specification defined by WSS-M2C913-B, you must use SAE 5W-30 (preferred), SAE 5W-40 (except Flexfuel vehicles) or SAE 10W-40 that meets the specification defined by either ACEA A1/B1 (preferred) or ACEA A3/B3. Using these oils can result in longer engine cranking periods, reduced engine performance, reduced fuel economy and increased emission levels.

What do you think? Should I remove this oil out and change proper oil?

If I recall correctly, the engine is actually a Peugeot engine which is why it's suitable for your car. It's preferable to have the right stuff but I think you should be fine. Unless someone comes along and corrects me I wouldn't worry about it :-)

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

OK will test this oil for some time...

no worries.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club