Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random Alarm Activation

marfoot

Help needed please.

I have bought a 53 plate C-Max 1.8 Zetec and absolutely love the car. It night and drive like new and has only done just over 50,000 miles. The only problem I have is that the alarm decides to go off anywhere between 7.30 at 5 in the morning. The battery is fully charged and is not faulty. As far as I am aware there is no internal sensors fitted in the interior light cluster. I have checked the display for any codes but it shows none at all. I have noticed on another forum that it may be the bonnet switch and to disconnect the switch and place a wire link between the wires to simulate the switch which I am trying now. Any help would be appreciated. Can the alarm be completely turned off or would that mean that the immobiliser wouldn't work either.

I cant recall if you can but I wouldnt disable the full alarm. Certainly fooling the switch into thinking its working is the best starting point. I would also suggest you check the engine bay fuse box for water ingress as well as the passenger footwell fuse board.

The only other thing I can think is the battery backup of the alarm is causing you an issue, although I cannot remember where that is on the CMAX.

The immobiliser comes on as soon as the ignition is turned off but I believe the alarm only activates with the second fob press (deadlock).

The immobiliser comes on as soon as the ignition is turned off but I believe the alarm only activates with the second fob press (deadlock)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Alarm went off at 4.55 this morning and we had left the car unlocked all night so as not to wake the neighbours if alarm sounded. So even when alarm isn't set it still goes off. Seriously confused now

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

sounds like a wiring issue, I would suggest you check for water ingress, as it sounds like it might be shorting out the connections and triggering the alarm!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club