Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Buying A Fiesta St

Peterjones

We do invoice for less than £150. It may be against forum rules to do this in the open so I will private message those who have asked so far with quotes/info and anyone else who asks. Thanks.

• Like 1

What do you put your max policy pay out as ?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I have left it at the default 5000, however wondering if that is too low?

Prices I am getting at the moment when I have just ran it on Click for Gap are;

Return to Invoice: 176

Replacement : 236

Both though are cheaper than that 399 from the dealer but off the 150 mark someone has quoted they have got on here.

That Easy Gap are giving me prices of £105 for combined vehicle replacement on £10000 limit which is the cheapest deal I have had so far.

I have left it at the default 5000, however wondering if that is too low?

Prices I am getting at the moment when I have just ran it on Click for Gap are;

Return to Invoice: 176

Replacement : 236

Both though are cheaper than that 399 from the dealer but off the 150 mark someone has quoted they have got on here.

I've just done a quote on the one Phil used....post-55675-140528267944_thumb.jpg

I've used Frank Pickles twice now (used to be surf and protect), they let you delay the start date by up to a year (if your main car insurance provides GAP for the first year which some do) and also transfer any remaining balance to another policy if you sell the car. Plus they were very cheap! I paid £170 for £15000 of replacement cover for a 4 year policy.

I've used Frank Pickles twice now (used to be surf and protect), they let you delay the start date by up to a year (if your main car insurance provides GAP for the first year which some do) and also transfer any remaining balance to another policy if you sell the car. Plus they were very cheap! I paid £170 for £15000 of replacement cover for a 4 year policy.

Yes I read something about this. Surly it can't be correct that Direct Line insurance provide a new car if your the first owner and its written off in year 1? If so then y1 of the gap insurance is pointless.

Replacing a car in the first year if you're the only owner is quite a common thing for insurers to do actually. So yes, 1 year GAP can be pointless if it isn't delayed. My insurers offer this, but their wording says something along the lines of 'if a replacement is immediately available', which to me meant that it wouldn't cover the case where the car has to be factory ordered. I queried this with them and they confirmed it - if a like-for-like replacement isn't in stock at a dealer and you don't want to accept one similar (ie different colour or options etc) you don't actually get a replacement! So I didn't delay my GAP just in case.

Just checked and it's actually the combined replacement vehicle cover I bought cost was £159. The guy did me a deal cause I'd got one for my previous car

post-38083-140528988426_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yes you are right many insurers do provided a like for like replacement vehicle in the first year as long as you are the first registered keeper of the vehicle (it cannot even have been dealer registered) and the same or very similar car is readily available.

Our GAP states you must have bought the car within the last 60 days which you can take both ways. In one way you could say the first year is wasted if your car is brand new and you have the replacement clause or the other way is to say you are covered if the replacement vehicle clause doesn't work out or you don't qualify. If the car is a used car or you are not the first registered keeper then it's of no moment anyway.

Message me if you would like a quote :)

Ok been offered a cash plan deal by the dealer. Says to have the min amount allowed on finance and then ring up and pay this off early so I get the vest discounts.

What I want to know is; how true is he regarding early repayments? Is what I've told totally true?

Peter if you are talking about Ford finance you have to keep it for 3 months and make all the payments on time then pay off the balance to ensure you keep the discounts otherwise you have to pay them back

Thanks for all the help; just a few more questions that come to mind and hopefully people can help with.

Do you get a jack etc with the space saver inflation stuff or does that only come if you order the spare tyre option?

Can you get to the jacking points on an ST or does this get covered up by the body kit and mean you need a trolley jack?

Lastly, does the ST come with mats already as noticed them talked about as ST branded mats?

Pretty sure you get a jack sure its a legal requirement - haven't actually checked mine!

And yeah there are jacking positions same as any of the other fiesta's.

You can swindle the ST mats from them, i tried and failed and just got fiesta ones (since they just want to sell you the car) but give it a try , definitely don't pay for them though.

I was unsure on the jack as some people say on other makes that if you have the foam kit you get no jack and no arm so just thought I would see what people got with fords.

Only asking about the mats as seems they are listed as part of the specs of the car - or they seem to be in quite a few places including this one http://www.evanshalshaw.com/brands/ford/ford_new_car_offers/ford-fiesta-st/

I asked tried for mats and failed. I then asked them to price me the st mats up and they told me they don't do them and there just the same ones across the fiesta range. So I bought the mountune ones.

• Like 1

Ok been offered a cash plan deal by the dealer. Says to have the min amount allowed on finance and then ring up and pay this off early so I get the vest discounts.

What I want to know is; how true is he regarding early repayments? Is what I've told totally true?

I did this, you take the minimum finance at £2500, and ford credit give you £750 for doing it, then pay off the £2500 in 4 weeks and they give you £208 of interest back only paying £2292!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

There is no jack on mine, just the repair kit.

The ST should come with mats, they're listed as ST specific ones and the label on the back of mine does indeed say ST. They're just plain black carpet ones though, nothing special from above. They also very quickly get a large flat spot where your heel goes!

Regarding the jacking points, as said they're the same as on any other Fiesta. To access them the side skirts have covers that pull off.

Definitely no jack you only get one if you order the space saver at build stage. Get one off eBay.

As said the mats have ST on the back but are plain black very disappointing.

It's also disappointing that the tyres only have the normal amount of tread on - wears down far too quick! Why can't they stick on like 20mm, surely the extra cost of a few mm of rubber is nothing compared to the cost of the whole tyre :rolleyes:. And it's not like they're in any danger of wearing out due to age.

It's also disappointing that the tyres only have the normal amount of tread on - wears down far too quick! Why can't they stick on like 20mm, surely the extra cost of a few mm of rubber is nothing compared to the cost of the whole tyre :rolleyes:. And it's not like they're in any danger of wearing out due to age.

But when you wear them down they become slicks and they're better aren't they?

Joking!

So the car I'm looking at that comes with a spare tyre will come with a jack and all the tools then? It's deffo got a spare tyre as seen that on the order form.

I was hoping these mats would look decent however sounds like they are really basic. My dealer hasn't even mentioned them however assuming they should be part of the deal as advertised as being part of the st.

Mine has the spare wheel and comes with the jack/brace, the wheel would be pretty useless without them :lol:. The mats look decent, thick black carpet with a black strip of something around the edge to finish them off. It's just they don't have anything special about them eg ST logo or heel pad etc. By no means bad, just not unique! That said I prefer them to the ones from my old car which had the word Fiesta stitched into them in white, that soon became a dirty colour and didn't look great.

I know quite a few can advise on this question;

What's the best GAP insurance option to choose?

Return to invoice

New Replacement Car

I know the later option takes into account inflation of prices but then are there some obvious things that I should watch out for?

Also what value of cover? I'm thinking over 3 years the value of the car will be around 9-10k less than purchase price? If im thinking this correctly then would 10k of gap cover be enough?

For GAP you should get replacement car cover and go for £15000 god forbid but you might need it before the value reduces that much

Oh and don't buy it from Ford they are very expensive