Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Whistle Sound??

ecorgb

Only owned this 2013 5dr fiesta zetec 1.0l ecoboost for just over a week now and after taking it on a motorway noticed an annoying sound.

When doing 60mph+ you get a horrid whistle/wind sound with window open on either side of car, it goes away with window/s shut.

Tried closing vents, unscrewed aerial but it is still there, then I changed the position of where air flows with the control and the sound seems to go away when flow direction is set to flooring area, but set anywhere else the sound is back, also goes away when you turn on heater motor position to 1 or above? but why when a window is open?

Anyone else have this or heard of this problem?

Emailed Ford where I purchased the car from and now awaiting a reply.

Mabee the engineers added that sound so you close your windows above 60mph! :lol:

Thing is it only happens in a certain set of circumstances, - above 60mph + windows open + vents not pointing to the flooring area + fan on 0 etc - lots of cars have things like that, or much worse

i wonder if it would go away if wind deflectors were fitted?

• Like 1

Might be a long shot but I had this sort of noise in my focus. It turned out to be the wind passing over the wing mirrors.

It was still there when the windows were closed just very very faintly.

I only found it was the wing mirrors by fluke. As I was driving along I put my arm out the window and put my hand in the gap between the wing mirror and door and it stopped.

Still annoys me to this day.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Reminds me of a Lotus that had really bad buffeting wind noise untill you put the headlights on (it had pop-up headlights)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club