Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I put my P plates on? (+1 pic)

ZeeJex

Good news, the car i ordered early April is at my local ford dealers. I had a quick visit to take a few pictures but I wont be driving until friday evening... its due for a good clean inside and outside.

The last time i drove was when i passed my test early March so my dilemma is whether i should be using my P-plates, and if so where do i put it on and how do i put it on? 'Tie on' OR self adhesive strips?

Jex-1.jpg

EK0-9 :) loving it

Hi Zee

Me personally... I would put up the p plates, just till you get your confidence of driving again, and in your new car !

You can buy the magnetic p plates now, so it wont look to unsightly held on with string, or the mess of adhesive

Good luck, and wish you well to drive your new car

I want mine . . . . :( :(

I think P-plates are a bad idea personally and can cause 'some' other drivers to try to intimidate you, in my experience anyways.

Congrats though, and happy driving :)

I used my P plates, personally I think it gives other drivers a warning, though as Flic says some drivers aren't so courteous.

There is simply no point in P plates anymore

There are not enough people of the road that will take any notice of them so its just a waste of money

i wouldt put them on be to scared i damaged my new car! and it will spoil the look of it!!

is it a zetec u have or a titanium? looks nice in the picture:)

I am always considerate to people with P plates and had mine on for a month after I passed my test.

Some people will be idiots as they normally are but you'll also get people being more considerate.

They won't damage your car, magnetic ones are good but fly off if you do go REALLY speedy (lost many when I was learning!!)

I wouldnt bother because i think people will push you around. Whenever i see people with them i give them a wide berth etc but ive seen other people treated really badly because they have had them.

Can always try them and see whats what i guess :)

To be honest I think the fact you'll have an 09 plate is warning enough you're going to be driving cautiously and maybe a little slow... That would be my thoughts as a driver anyway!

I personally wouldn't use P plates, firstly because of what the others have said, I've seen/heard people be intimidated by them =/

Ohh and I think P plates would waste the look of your brand spanking new Fiesta, which looks gorge, btw!! :D

I got P plates when I passed my test back in October '08, but being a gal, and slightly sentimental, I turned them into my own personal reminder of when I passed, and I now have it stuck to one of my wardrobe doors, lol.

Cheers for the response, the comments are pretty much what other people had said at work with more people leaning towards not using P-plates.

Ive come to a compromise though in that I'll put them on, but for only three days to become familiar with the dimensions of the car and find my reference points for the manoeuvres. I'll be picking it up later today after work.

i wouldt put them on be to scared i damaged my new car! and it will spoil the look of it!!

is it a zetec u have or a titanium? looks nice in the picture:)

Car is the titanium in sea grey minus the tinted windows. Im not worried about image with P-plates on, my steering wheel hand positions is the best bit; its the fresh out of driving school 10 and 2 point positions =D

Personally i wouldnt use P plates i think it gives other drivers an excuse to take the !Removed!..

when my friend passed she put them on her car and everyone was overtaking her and pulling out on her.. not very nice when youve just passed..

i didnt use them when i passed which im glad about even though i stalled me car a fair few times with it being a petrol when i was used to a diesel LOL! :D

I had mine on till I crashed the car :(

I had mine on till I crashed the car :(

that is gutting. i take it you'd not been driving/had the car long?

I think P-plates are a bad idea personally and can cause 'some' other drivers to try to intimidate you, in my experience anyways.

Congrats though, and happy driving :)

This was my experience, on the drive home from passing, a skip loader was up tail gating - took em off - blended in got no tossers trying to intimidate me after that.

You'd be better off with 'Baby on board' til you feel at one with the car...

You get pure victimised with P Plates on

If you do decide to get them though get magnetic ones no adensive crap.

I was advised to use P plates when I passed my test. But I refused because I thought other drivers would take advantage of that and be pricks lol.

Turns out I was right not to, because my friend is using P plates at the moment and she's intimidated so much on the road it riles me up when I'm in the car with her.

that is gutting. i take it you'd not been driving/had the car long?

Was my first car after passing my test, 999 miles on the clock. Was coming along the notorious Edinburgh city bypass, everyone suddenly put their brakes on and unfortunately when I did I went into a skid. My offside wing caught the back of a van. The guy that picked the car up said I was really unlucky, if there had been a car in front I would have missed it. It was however a big lesson learned.

Turns out I was right not to, because my friend is using P plates at the moment and she's intimidated so much on the road it riles me up when I'm in the car with her.

Have her pull over, get out of her car. Rip them off the car, get back in - go for a long drive to demonstrate how much more civilized other 'prick' road users are, if she panics - buy her a baby on board sign for a bit...

the only thing about baby on board stickers is that they are meant to be for if the cars in an accident, it informs people that a child is in the car if the driver is unable to so if the person doesn't have a child, but does have the stickers people might search the car for a child. which doesn't seem dangerous but if its on fire it'd put other people at risk for no reason. i know its an extreme scenario but i thought i'd raise the point.

i hear you, for the sake of a weeks use i think the probability of that scenario hopefully is small enough to warrant doing it.

My P plates lasted 3 days.

I agree with Flic some drivers do bully. But its just the same as when you have L plates on.

If I was you, Id have magnetic plates on the car for one week. Just to give you a chance to familiarize yourself with the car. The magnetic plates shouldn't damage your paint work.

the only thing about baby on board stickers is that they are meant to be for if the cars in an accident, it informs people that a child is in the car if the driver is unable to so if the person doesn't have a child, but does have the stickers people might search the car for a child. which doesn't seem dangerous but if its on fire it'd put other people at risk for no reason. i know its an extreme scenario but i thought i'd raise the point.

That was a bit of a daft thing to say wasn't it.

Its a Fire fighters duty to check all areas possible for people who might be trapped. Stickers or no Stickers. People will check the car over for anybody trapped.