Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Read Wiper Delete

AidenJrNeill

any solutions to a rear wiper delete ? seen as the fiesta basically has a hole in the boot panel

you can basically buy a cover, once you remove the motor and the arm, then you just get a plug to go in there and fix the untidy appearance.

could you link me to the specific cover/plug thing ?

Would you not fill the hole or get it welded up? I would if thought the cover would defeat the idea of removing the wiper to get a smooth boot.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

you can get a new boot panel from sico develpoments they do a wiper deleted boot panel, or get a second hand one from a breakers only like £20 max and then smooth the hole out yourself using fibreglass and smooth it with filler rub it all down till flat and how you want it them get it all painted easy peasy :)

well usually you'd fill the hold with a black plug or summert, but its a weird shaped hole

that mate is way to much effort haha

• Like 1

haha its alright wont take you long m8 like 3 days work to get the fibreglass set right and then filler easy :) if i had time id do you one

Why would you de wiper it? It looks horrible without it IMO!

Some people prefer the lack of wiper shaped clean window while the rest of the window grows muck, it can actually be cleaner that way as your not wiping dirty water across the window.

I prefer the wiper, imagine being on the motorway in heavy rain not being able to look out the rear window because of spray on the window!

Cars with rear wipers look weird when they've been taken off. Each to their own I guess.

yeah, I prefer to have it clean as well, but on the plus side, the easiest way to check if you like it or not is to just remove the wiper arm, trial it and either undo the removal or complete the removal if its to your taste!

i don't actually know what it looks like i wanted to just try it and the hole in the panel is weird is not a circle

can you post a picture of the shape?

its sort of a U shape but curved round the top edge i believe

ermmm picture it as a U shape... thats the shape it is

its exactly a U shape

As daft as it sounds this is what I would do...

Remove the boot panel, go ahead and pull the motor out etc so its just an empty hole.

Now, on the underside of the hole stick a piece of duck tape over the hole, so if you poke the hole from the outside your finger will get stuck on it.

now, smear some vaseline around the outside of the hole

With either black or clear silicone sealant, fill the hole up and smooth it off leaving a bit of overhang onto the body work (protected by the vaseline) to form a tight seal. Smooth it off with something like a lolly stick from top to bottom.

Once it dries, remove it and then trim / tidy it up and then remove the tap from the underside, pop it in the gap and it should do nicely!

i may just leave it, why cant it just be simple like the old models

haha,

Ford dont like modifications, then it means that you have confidence to fix your own problems then they lose money.... :p

Try coloured Sugru.

Sent from my S5

that sir is actually a good shout