Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Focus; Trying To Push Master Cylinder Push Rod Onto Clutch Pedal

philp1863

Hi everyone

A few weeks ago the white push rod snapped on my ford focus. The main reason was because the spot weld on the clutch pedal had failed and the push rod was forced sideways and snapped off. The AA man managed to do a temporary fix on the side of the road. He said that I would need to get the pedal re-welded which is what I did this morning. I was hoping naively that i would be-able to get the welded pedal back in place fairly easily.. :( I failed; I could not get enough room to get the plastic plunger to push onto the pedal!!!

So I thought that I would try and undo the 4 nuts securing the pedals to the floor. Three of the nuts are easy to get at, the fourth upper -left hand nut I cant get a spanner on. Can anyone tell me how I can easily get at that nut to remove it. I dont know if it will help me but I also thought that I would try and remove the blue/red connector (what ever that is) but could not get it off???? :angry: . Should it twist off anti-clockwise or is there some other way of getting it off? I'm not sure if this will let me gain access to the nut anyway? I know that I could be the lack of tools, but I think that it is probably more likely lack of knowledge and hands that are not deleterious enough. Please see the attachment for a picture of my predicament.

post-44094-0-25518600-1405508025_thumb.j

Any suggestions or help most welcome

Thank you!!!!

try using a socket set with an extender bar to get at it.

Thanks James

Its very tight to get an ordinary socket onto the nut. Tomorrow I will try and get hold of a 1/4 inch socket which is a bit longer then the one I have got. The one I have got wont go over the nut with the rachet on it. It would help I think if I could get the blue & red connector off of the unit....it might give me more room then??

I think that it could be even worse putting the problem nut back on when I also have the clutch pedal in as well.

I will give it a go, and if all fails i will have to try and get a mobile mechanic in.

I will let you know what happens tomorrow provided I can get a longer socket.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club