Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor Vauxhall!

nath.mk7.st

42 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Holy moses!! :lol:

I don't know what is more surprising, that somebody would be idiotic enough to do that, or that the Corsa had enough power to get that high...

I wonder if the ladder for driver to get down was placed there before or after the car was launched 😁

During Brandy's pee stop last night, I saw a mysterious massive black Vauxhall saloon on a 13 plate, coming down from the Corfe Mullen direction. I thought they abandoned the Omega/Carltons in the mid noneties, as no-one was wanting/buying them.

A little Googling has revealed it could've been a Holden Commodore, as they both use the GM griffin.badge

Which then begs the question who in their right mind would import one from Australia, as they're not available here, or even in Europe??

• Like 1

Holden Commodores are a great car. I had a go in one not long ago after chatting with its owner who brought his over from Oz whilst he's working here.

Few Commodores on Autotrader. Most imported ones are of the V8-engined variety. Loud and fast.

That said, they are rubbish compared to the Ford equivalent (Ford Falcon). :wink:

(For the brits who aren't aware, Ford vs. Holden rivalry much stronger than Ford/Vauxhall rivalry here in blighty)

• Like 1

Each to their own Incontro but I know different. I've now been in both a commodore and a couple years back a very nice Falcon. The Commodore wins hands down in my experience.

• Like 1

My mate has a holden v8, he loves it. Definitely got a kick to it I know that.

Sadly though it's badged vauxhall vxr8

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Was driving behind a rather filthy Vivaro the other day. It had been very poorly de-badged and the owner has stuck a Nissan badge on the back. 

• Like 1

On 28/10/2016 at 0:42 PM, hywelkidd said:

Was driving behind a rather filthy Vivaro the other day. It had been very poorly de-badged and the owner has stuck a Nissan badge on the back. 

.....So really... Vauxhall messed up and stuck a vauxhall badge on a Renault Trafic.... then this guy comes along, debadges the incorrectly badged renault and rebadges it with another incorrect badge... :lol:

Funny thing is, it has "renault" stamped on the panels!

Tbf that corsa stuck in the barn is actually quite impressive....

Who knows, could have been a Ford driver removing a corsa from the roads...

• Like 2

On 10/28/2016 at 0:30 PM, tazzman600 said:

Each to their own Incontro but I know different. I've now been in both a commodore and a couple years back a very nice Falcon. The Commodore wins hands down in my experience.

Commodore is good, won't deny it. But Falcon is still better. :wink:

Nothing like being driven around in one of these (Ford Fairlane B-series, the long wheel-base version of the Falcon) - back in the day they used to be used as taxis in Sydney (sadly they're being replaced by boring non-locally manufactured cars nowadays - Ford of Australia ceased local manufacturing after 90 years of operations) - the most comfortable and quiet ride I've ever experienced, keeping in mind this car is almost 12 years old now... Has a 4.0L I6 N/A donk under the bonnet - smooth as butter and effortless torque.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-07/ford-closes-its-australian-factories-after-more-than-90-years/7909836

2003-2005_Ford_BA_Fairlane_G220_sedan_01

Makes me laugh with the New corsa,done all the inside and a few tweaks on the outside and not done a lot for the ride still as bad,steering is shocking

and still 2nd in the best selling car as from september 2016.........poor corsa........😆

• 2 weeks later...

5IzSrPtM.jpg

Shouldn't be particularly hard to spot in this picture :P

My previous 4 (I had two of the Vectra Edition 100 2.0 Turbos)

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

10150352253201849.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tomson said:

My previous 4 (I had two of the Vectra Edition 100 2.0 Turbos)

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

10150352253201849.jpg

Fellow Dolphin Grey owner I see! :tongue:  I disliked mine so much I never washed it in the entire year I had it and only took very few pictures lol.

Breaking3065247_zps1043f547.jpg

Breaking3065244_zpseba6ebfa.jpg

Was more poor me than poor Vauxhall though...first day this happened...

BrokenVectra083_zpsa9d4b021.jpg

Fixed that and immediately noticed it wouldn't warm up...so £70 for a genuine stat 2 days later... :dry: 

VectraandBridge017_zps3f691335.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hywelkidd said:

IMG_20161113_091356.jpg

that shopping trolley not been parked in with the rest of them.

one of the better made vauxhalls ( suzuki splash) 

I'd never noticed the Splash and Agila were the same before lol!!  Presumably they have to pop to Tesco everyday which such a tiny boot so proper parking becomes boring quickly. :laugh: 

• Like 2

if the owner had reversed back a bit more he could have done the job properly,  parked across the no parking zone and disabled space next to it. i did see a brand new jag owner park at same garage in the disabled space regardless of the  fact there were other spaces available. he then ran into the shop( not quite disabled and no other passengers in the car) probably an ex insigna driver

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Fellow Dolphin Grey owner I see! :tongue:  I disliked mine so much I never washed it in the entire year I had it and only took very few pictures lol.

Breaking3065244_zpseba6ebfa.jpg

The Edition 100's were Lightening Silver, buddy :)

It's a shame as the Vectra was actually a decent looking car.  I remember before I got into Fords (and still had an open mind regarding Vauxhalls) our neighbours had two Vectras, and I actually quite liked them. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tomson said:

The Edition 100's were Lightening Silver, buddy :)

Right you are, as was mine lol.  No idea where I got Dolphin Grey from!  :wallbash:

• Like 1

I still like the overall styling of the older veccy b in particular the way the wing mirrors are sculptured..and in gsi form with leather recaros that have adjustable thigh support...I'm 6'3 (wish my mondy had these..)..just a pitty they don't go around corners or roundabouts or anything with curves and deviations.......errr....very well at all.....

I live near Ellesmere port so I'm pretty de-sensitized to the whole range of woefull abominations that Vauxhalls are!!shamefully allowed to trundle around,lowering the tone wherever they go...blah blah.3c54d348be9f26d45bd9088aa801c1fc.jpg

Sent from my Z220 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club