Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Dab Annoyance

sandfly

Hi All,

I have become increasingly irritated with my 12-plate Fiesta Sony DAB radio, which helpfully decides at random but frequent intervals that the signal it is receiving could be improved, so goes looking for a better signal. So for up to 20 seconds, until it either finds a better signal or gives up (never know which, of course) I am left with no sound at all. It does not seem to be losing the station, just trying to find a stronger signal. Not a huge problem during music, but really infuriating when listening to radio play, news, panel shows etc etc.

Question is simple - how do I switch this behaviour off? My previous Focus (with factory DAB, not sure what make) did not do this, and was an excellent system. Have played with the various options from the Menu but no change.

Any advice very welcome! Thanks...

With DAB being digital it is hard to tell a good signal from a bad one - the signal will just drop out before any limitation in performance before.

There is an option in the setting for service linking - using the FM station when DAB drops out. Maybe this was activated in you previous car, but not the current one. Apart from the difference in sound quality and an indication (arrow, I think) in the display, you will notice a time lag between the 2 signals .

Thanks for that - I do get switching between FM stations, but the problem also occurs with DAB-only stations where there's no FM option. I've found the option and switched off Linking, will see if that makes any difference.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club