Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Mondeo

Geo

I have a new Ford Mondeo 57 plate.

On some occasions when I take my foot off the accelerator in 4th gear and in 3rd gear to slow down, the car will slow down to about 30 mph and remain at that speed even though my foot is off the accelerator. It will continue at that speed until I change down again. If I brake to slow the car down to say 27 28 mph the engine fights against the braking. When I release the foot brake the car will accelerate back up to about 30 mph.

This was reported to the dealer about 5 months ago but they said they could find no fault when they connected the car to the diagnoctic machine. They tell me that they have checked and no other New Mondeo does this. The Master Technition has been in the car with me when this has occured when he has been driving. I wrote to Ford but they refered me back to the dealer explaining that they could not commennt as they had not seen the vehicle. I have now involved Trading Standards.

The dealers Regional Manager became involved and promised that he would get a Field Enginer to look at it. That Manager has recently told me that he has spoken to the Field Enginer who said that this is a Design Build Feture of this car and it is meant to do this, although the dealers say no other car in Europe does this. In view of this the Field Enginers visit has been canceled. I asked the Manager if he would confirm this in writing but he refused to do so stating that it was not his comment. I then asked if he would confirm in writing the Field Enginers comments. Again he refused to do so.

On the advise of Trading Standars I am now holding the dealers in Breach of Contract.

Asd a point of interest, that last time this problem occured I was on an open road clear of traffic so I let the car run on it's own. It continued at about 30 mph for about a 1/3rd of a mile without my foot on the accelerator.

Has any other New Ford Mondeo owner experienced this problem. If you have, please let me know

Thanks Geo

Hi. If you look at my thread you will see that I have the same problem with my 04 Tdci. I too have tried the dealer but without a proper answer. Fords do try I feel but they are continually at the mercy of their net work of dealers. The problem you have just can't be right even for a road safety reason. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing the result.

Hi. If you look at my thread you will see that I have the same problem with my 04 Tdci. I too have tried the dealer but without a proper answer. Fords do try I feel but they are continually at the mercy of their net work of dealers. The problem you have just can't be right even for a road safety reason. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing the result.

Hi Poacher and thanks for the reply. There is far more to this than I can put into writing here. The dealers have given me several reasons for this occurance over a five month period. Strange that because they say they have never heard of it befor. Also when I first took it into the dealer they contacted Ford Tech who advised them to replace a part, which they did. Many answers needed here...

1. Why is the dealer still saying the can not find this problem when they drive the car. Their Master Tech has fond it but they still say it is not there.

2. Why has it taken five months to tell me that the car is meant to do this.

Thanks again. I will keep you updated.

• 6 months later...

On some occasions when I take my foot off the accelerator in 4th gear and in 3rd gear to slow down, the car will slow down to about 30 mph and remain at that speed even though my foot is off the accelerator. It will continue at that speed until I change down again. If I brake to slow the car down to say 27 28 mph the engine fights against the braking. When I release the foot brake the car will accelerate back up to about 30 mph.

This was reported to the dealer about 5 months ago but they said they could find no fault when they connected the car to the diagnoctic machine. They tell me that they have checked and no other New Mondeo does this. The Master Technition has been in the car with me when this has occured when he has been driving. I wrote to Ford but they refered me back to the dealer explaining that they could not commennt as they had not seen the vehicle. I have now involved Trading Standards.

The dealers Regional Manager became involved and promised that he would get a Field Enginer to look at it. That Manager has recently told me that he has spoken to the Field Enginer who said that this is a Design Build Feture of this car and it is meant to do this, although the dealers say no other car in Europe does this. In view of this the Field Enginers visit has been canceled. I asked the Manager if he would confirm this in writing but he refused to do so stating that it was not his comment. I then asked if he would confirm in writing the Field Enginers comments. Again he refused to do so.

On the advise of Trading Standars I am now holding the dealers in Breach of Contract.

Asd a point of interest, that last time this problem occured I was on an open road clear of traffic so I let the car run on it's own. It continued at about 30 mph for about a 1/3rd of a mile without my foot on the accelerator.

Has any other New Ford Mondeo owner experienced this problem. If you have, please let me know

Thanks Geo

Thanks Geo

to me it sounds like a cruse controlle moduel problem had it once where the engine would rev of its own accord, you could pull the fuse to this and see if it eliminates the problem.

• 1 month later...

how do pal

try taking your air filter off the upper inlet manifold (not as dificult as it sounds) its the bleack pipe that connects to the engine.

get a sh*t load of carb cleaner and spray it all down there.

this sounds like a problem i have had a few times! the reason this some times happens is that inside the in let manifold is like a butterfly ring that opens up when you push your throttle and sucks the air in, how ever if there is any foriegn objects in there ie bits of crap your throttle will remain open and there fore the engine will fight the brake it would be like pressing the accelerator and the brake at the same time and will be no good for either of them, i have had this happen on my current mondy and the last one hope this helps and good luck

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club