Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanking Sort Of Issue :)

tedis

Hi boys and girls :) right I have used blanking plate for egr and engine system fault comes on sometimes and sometimes not. Is it worth putting a blanking plate with a hole or just leave that one in. Thank you in advance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

It will defeat the object of blanking the egr in the first place, also more often than not the EML still comes on with a hole in the blank.

What do you mean by saing deafeat?

I was referring to the blank with a hole in it.

The idea of blanking the EGR it to stop the gases from recirculating, put a hole in the blank and you let the gases through, which defeats the object of blanking it in the first place.

Just stick with a solid blank, the EML does not effect the running of the car, and can be removed periodically with a cheap code reader.

Thats what I thought at the first place that there is no point putting one. What about that fault message? I didn't have one today but even if I have restart engine and it dissappears

I am not sure about focuses as I have a mondeo, but there has been mention in the past of the light going off sometimes. I'd suggest checking the codes that are coming up to bring the light on.

Code readers are cheap to buy, in my case, a tenner off eBay.

this is the sort I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-01-OBD-OBD2-SCANNER-FAULT-CODE-READER-READER-DIAGNOSTIC-TOOL-/171331745394?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item27e42af672

The f-super (below) is very popular too as it has alot more features ( not used one myself so no idea what they are), also you need access to a laptop to plug it into too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-F-SUPER-diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-SCAN-TOOL-USB-Reader-OBD-Focus-Mondeo-/291108039889?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item43c7642cd1

I have checked on delphi software but when I needed to check that fault it never came on again lol and no other fault were present

If the light coming on is hit and miss and not affecting the running, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

So prob if egr would be blocked by crap it would stay on am I right?

So prob if egr would be blocked by crap it would stay on am I right?

Your guess is as good as mine :lol:

did you clean the egr before fitting the blank?

It was clean :))) I guess. .. :D what I meant by saying egr blocked by crap light would come on and stay. So basically at the moment ecu is lost and confused lol

If the light is hit and miss when the egr is blanked, it will probably be the same if it was blocked with crap.

If it runs well without the blank, I'd suggest leaving it blank free and just check the EGR every 3-4 months to see if there is any carbon build up which needs removing.

You will probably get members who say to blank the egr and the benefits it has, which I sometimes agree with, but I think in this case, if it is causing more problems than good the blank may not be the route to go down.

At the moment it seems ok. Takes less diesel or its just me believing it lol and engine works better pulls better from standstill

I have a blank on mine, and I do feel there has been a small improvement in power, mpg and smoothness. But I had initially fitted mine due to problems with the car, rather than fitting one in an attempt to improve a perfectly healthy car as some posts advise.

Well I cured one of the problems I had without knowing lol as I tried to start driving from standstill it needed more rev about 2k just over if not you get embarrassed by stalling an engine lol

hi guys blanking off the egr valve on a vehicle thats supposed to have one fitted and working is just a waste of time and effort an erg is fitted to reduce pollution so in effect your making the running of your vehicle worse and giving the possibility of failing the mot test i have owned and worked on many diesel vehicles and believe me they all ran much better when everything was working properly. common erg faults are caused by lack of oil changes and short stop start journeys when the engine doesn't get hot enough to burn off any contaminates from running. they need a good blast on a a regular basis

Well I cured one of the problems I had without knowing lol as I tried to start driving from standstill it needed more rev about 2k just over if not you get embarrassed by stalling an engine lol

From past experience, diesels don't usually suffer from stalling, due to the amount of torque these engines have, unless you leave the handbrake on or try setting off uphill without a bit of gas :lol:

With every diesel vehicle I have owned, if I let the clutch out slowly they have all set off under its own power without pressing the accelerator at all.

• Like 1

Steve I have managed to stall it lol :D I know that it's not easy to stall a diesel especially older ones but I did manage :D

Steve I have managed to stall it lol :D I know that it's not easy to stall a diesel especially older ones but I did manage :D

must have taken a bit of practice :lol:

must have taken a bit of practice :lol:

But now its fine haven't stalled since I blanked egr :D or it might be experience as I have my car for a month now :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club