Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Rear Spoiler Question

.Nick.

Just found the invoice from ford and my spoiler was £160 and a few pence at the end inc VAT....

Yeah but he couldn't get it from there cos he was scared of the parts department bloke who was on the wakky-bakky...

The thing that I really dont get is this really strange situation.

He is buying a car from a dubious online "dealer" who gets the car from another dealer who is 100's of miles away in Kidderminster from where he lives in Scotland, then if and when the car does actually arrive he is going to take an angle grinder to the roof and bodge his own spoiler job... All for the sake of a saving a few quid

I think you're a bit out of order here. What I do with my car is up to me. I'm getting my car from a reputable company. I'm getting a sunroof put in by an offical Webasto retailer. I'm having the spoiler put on by a bodyshop I've used for 10 years and I think over £3k is more than a few quid.

:angry:

Ive got a zetec s mk7 rear spoiler on back order from fords, i ordered it weeks ago now but because of the demand for new cars they have been reserved for new cars and not spares n parts, or thats what I got told. But its seems a little expensive for what your paying, as Ive been quoted £132 for it, and all ready and painted at my local dealer in panther black. Only thing for me to do is fit it.

I also want the rear diffuser, but you cant seem to order those from ford yet :(

I don't know how I've managed in my last few cars with leather interior without having to cut a hole in my roof. I can't believe that anyone would think having a sunroof in a car will stop the leather getting hot. I have red leather at the moment and it isn't a problem and I've had black leather and that's never been a problem, leaving a sunroof open certainly wouldn't make any noticeable difference especially as you have them glassy things at the side of the car that can do the same job.

Have you checked your warranty will be valid after having a hole cut into one of the main structural components of the car?

I think you're a bit out of order here. What I do with my car is up to me. I'm getting my car from a reputable company. I'm getting a sunroof put in by an offical Webasto retailer. I'm having the spoiler put on by a bodyshop I've used for 10 years and I think over £3k is more than a few quid.

:angry:

I dont mean to be out of order if thats what you feel I am. I just really cant comprehend doing what you are doing. The mk7 not being designed in any way to accomodate a sunroof. Buying the spoiler from a non ford outlet. I strongly suspect you are about to flush your warranty down the pan. Bodywork warranty, you say its a powered sunroof so your electrical warranty, tbh i cant really be bothered to go on with the list list of forseeable problems that is as long as a piece of string.

As for your £3k. Thats just bollo mate, and you know it! maybe £3k off of the "list" price, but nobody buys a new car at list price! So maybe I paid a little bit more than you. But the benefits far outweigh the costs here are just a few:

-Dealer is 10 min walk away

-Warranty extended out to 6 years

-3 years of free servicing

-The entire caboodle is 100% official bona fide Ford. no fuss. no mess. no quibble. just a total result.

Yes it is your car. Of course it is. But as you can probably see on this forum there are some people who have had big problems with this car. Problems that would have cost them £1000's if their warranty was void.

I don't know how I've managed in my last few cars with leather interior without having to cut a hole in my roof. I can't believe that anyone would think having a sunroof in a car will stop the leather getting hot. I have red leather at the moment and it isn't a problem and I've had black leather and that's never been a problem, leaving a sunroof open certainly wouldn't make any noticeable difference especially as you have them glassy things at the side of the car that can do the same job.

Have you checked your warranty will be valid after having a hole cut into one of the main structural components of the car?

I concur.

Glad to hear from your real life experience Keith. Nice to know I am still taking care of my leather, dispite the noticeable lack of a sunroof. I think you are right about the "structural" aspect. Some cars are designed to accomodate a sunroof and probably have strengthened roofs to compensate for the weak-spot. This car isnt one of them. Sunroof not even an option. Whole roof could cave in if there was a crash

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club