Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Front Bumper Removal?

footfistart

I thought I better ask. I'm changing my intercooler over the next couple of days (depending on weather) and I would like to know how to remove it. I can't find anywhere without looking in Haynes manual ( not to hand ) so I'm just wondering if anyone has removed it.

Is imagine I'd have to remove the headlights to access any bolts. Hopefully not the upper grille that should stay behind right? I'm sure it can be hung and unclipped from bumper?

I would like to know what people have found when doing this on what to do and what not to do?

Thanks Ryan

Info here on front bumper removal from the James Simpson website

Front Bumper Removal

The front bumper is fairly tricky and fiddly. You will need to jack the car up and remove the two front wheels, you will then need to remove the front wheel arch lining (these are held on by Torx screws), once this is done, there are two bolts each side holding the front bumper in.

You will now need to open the bonnet, and remove the slam panel (this is held in by a few positive plastic screws). Once you have undone the screws, the panel should just lift off.

Now you need to remove the front grill, BUT THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, DO NOT PULL AND TUG AT THE BONNET LOCKING MECHANISM, THESE UNITS ARE VERY FRAGILE AND A FEW OF US HAVE BEEN LOCKED OUT THE BONNET. Carefully pull the clips on each side of the locking mechanism and slide the lock out slowly, while pulling the grill out. (DO NOT LET THE LOCK HANG DOWN, I DID AND GOT LOCKED OUT OF THE BONNET, USE A COKE CAN OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO KEEP THE LOCK HORIZONTAL)

You will now need to remove the headlights from the car, these are held in with one torx bolt on the top of the light, and these will just slide out and unplug

You will now see there are plastic type clips holding the bumper in place, starting from one end, just push the clips down and pull the bumper out at the same time and the bumper start to come out.

You will now need to unclip the fog lights (if fitted to your car)

Front grille does need to come off plus a lot of other stuff too - but it's still a lot easier done from underneath the car imho :)

Other thing is if your car has air deflectors either side of the IC these may need removing or cutting back a bit for the larger IC.

• 4 years later...

They Haynes manuals doesn't cover the mk2 ST if memory serves. I'm going to be attempting the same job myself next weekend for a Mountune intercooler. If your a member on focusstoc.com there used to be a link to the workshop manual used by ford/garage mechanics, like 3000+ pages for the mk2 focus including the ST, dunno if it still there, if not send me a pm and ill throw the PDF over. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bjornredhand said:

They Haynes manuals doesn't cover the mk2 ST if memory serves. I'm going to be attempting the same job myself next weekend for a Mountune intercooler. If your a member on focusstoc.com there used to be a link to the workshop manual used by ford/garage mechanics, like 3000+ pages for the mk2 focus including the ST, dunno if it still there, if not send me a pm and ill throw the PDF over. 

Any chance of that PDF being sent my way also sir?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club