Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Or Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost 125?? (Mk7.5)

Paramanic

Thanks Nqbbe looks great but aren't they 14k am going to get a used one they are nice but too expensive for me considering as my gf is hinting for a ring n saving for a mortgage too :( haha but interested in the montune if they have black red edition that a 9s what about montune for already 125ps EcoBoost lol cheaper for me too lol

Honest advice, save for the mortgage first, you may find the bank gets upset in this day and age if they see you spilling money into a car etc. Home beats car any day. The car will drop all its money all the way down to 3k very quick and the house won't lose anything. Get the car after if you're planning to get a house / flat.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

yeah more than a zetec s lol and cheers willy! (or as we say up here Wully) n MattDRX house pices in scotland are cheap avarage house price up here is about 80-100k for 3bed so it wont really be a problem because im only paying my car for 4yr and saving at same time time thats done i will have deposit and no more credit to my account because i will be clear for a house mortgage :)

I agree with Matt about getting the house first, the problem is you don't know what will happen to the housing market in the extra time you'll spend saving up due to buying a car. I got my mortgage last November and then figured out what I could afford to spend per month on a car loan.

house pices in scotland are cheap avarage house price up here is about 80-100k for 3bed

Average house price for a 3 bed house in Scotland is waaaaaay more than £80-100k...

Take a look at this link:

http://www.s1homes.com/house-price-report/property-size/house-price-report.html

Average asking price of a 3 bedroom is £153k (and rising).

I would echo what other people have said about saving the money to get the house first. Secure a mortgage before the interest rates start going up.

they figures are probably more inclined for glasgow and edinburgh and realy busy areas 2bh my area there about 80-100k just depends where you wanna stay really me and misses worked out in 4yr time after i get a car we would still be able to save up 10-20k between us (depends on how many holidays we do lol ) for example (and there arent just one lol) http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44247058.html?premiumA=true and thats one thats higher up in price lol http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Motherwell.html?maxPrice=100000&minBedrooms=3&retirement=false&displayPropertyType=houses&oldDisplayPropertyType=houses&radius=5.0&partBuyPartRent=false

but anyway guys no worries on the house front :) thanks for thinking about it for me lol but 2bh gonna be a few year yet anyway before my missus wants to buy :)

but back to subject
forogt to say does the zetec s have dab radio?

As a compromise you could always look for an older Zetec S or Titanium, maybe a 58 or 09 reg, with the 1.6 petrol if that's what you're after. When I was looking around Autotrader a while back I saw a few Titaniums with the dress up kit. Even so there would probably be quite a gap in the value of your car to the price of an older MK7.

When I bought last October DAB was an option, not standard.

Don't know if it has changed since then.

I assumed it would but had a look at the price list, it seems only Titaniums and STs get DAB as standard.

at start was looking at older models but i would need the 1.0 ecoboost but want the 125ps not the lower version as i use my car alot for driving at work (support worker for disables peoples) so looking for power and eco currently only getting 30-34mpg with current car which relates to about £150 petrol a month so with added plus then tax every year and lets not forget insurance but done quotes on titanium and ZS and my insurance is about £100 less plus no tax and cheaper mileage per month so really looking towards 1.0 ecoboost and because im used to all the gadgets in my car (bluetooth,auto lights , auto window wipers , heated screen, really good sound system ) im at this decision lol ahh just wondering about Dab because i listen to internet radio alot and would be worth it and seen some zetec s with it and some without

thanks for the replies guys! well appreciated

When I bought last October DAB was an option, not standard.

Don't know if it has changed since then.

£100 option on the ZS. It's really sad I know these things, I went way OTT on research before I ordered haha!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

Mental you sound like me but best to know all these facts n stuff before you buy ....too bad it gets stuck in your head forever ! :P

It sounds like the obvious choice for you is a titanium with dress up kit. Personally I went for the zs as I preferred the looks, lack of Chrome, metal pedals etc.

Whilst I would have loved the folding mirrors, upgraded interior mirror and other toys the titanium has that I couldn't afford to add on, I don't regret my choice. I see far fewer zs round by me than titaniums too.

And whilst dab radio would be nice, I really don't like the layout of all those buttons compared to the standard radio

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

And whilst dab radio would be nice, I really don't like the layout of all those buttons compared to the standard radio

You can have DAB without switching to the cluttered Sony headunit. Looks the same as the standard radio.

Mental you sound like me but best to know all these facts n stuff before you buy ....too bad it gets stuck in your head forever ! :P

Yeah, I only went for 4 options in the end anyway! Plus paint :) Far better to know too much than know too little ;)

Doesn't take much to improve the titanium's looks ;)

TiFront_zpseaipi0tc.jpg

• Like 2

Sony unit isn't cluttered, works much better than the standard unit which has a useless keyboard on it, I thought you'd be able to text on that thing but it turns out was completely useless, far quicker to use hotkeys and skip to a certain range of letters, Sony one doesn't sound as good on USB / BT mind, but DAB is obviously better, no static, either signal or silence.

Yeah, I only went for 4 options in the end anyway! Plus paint :) Far better to know too much than know too little ;)

What options did you go for?

What options did you go for?

Can't count, I meant 3!

City pack, Privacy glass, 17" alloys, and Deep impact blue paint!

Looks are everything ;) Also not reversing into things helps too!

Can't count, I meant 3!

City pack, Privacy glass, 17" Alloys, and Deep impact blue paint!

Looks are everything ;) Also not reversing into things helps too!

I was lucky I managed to find a 3 month old one with the 2 things I was looking for, white paint and Sat Nav.

great pic wully! n lucky KenP lol
well gonna wait till end of quarter (next month) and start inquiring and get the price dropped and apr dropped if i dont already have a loan lol

I was lucky I managed to find a 3 month old one with the 2 things I was looking for, white paint and Sat Nav.

Sounds like a stroke of luck! I was considering white but went for the blue as it seems fairly rare on the ZS (finding pictures is tricky) and also shouldn't be quite so hard to keep clean... As much as I enjoy cleaning my car, it'll be nice for it to stay vaguely clean in between!

Sony unit isn't cluttered, works much better than the standard unit which has a useless keyboard on it, I thought you'd be able to text on that thing but it turns out was completely useless, far quicker to use hotkeys and skip to a certain range of letters, Sony one doesn't sound as good on USB / BT mind, but DAB is obviously better, no static, either signal or silence.

I agree once you get used to where the buttons are the Sony unit is easy to use. And yeah I also found it doesn't sound great when playing from USB, but only because of the road noise I think. When not moving it sounds great with the bass turned up, but I think the road noise drowns out some of the bass and mid range especially on the motorway, makes it sound a bit tinny.

Well in my car the now it's exactly what you said Phillips you feel the bass good when still when driving normal you still get good bass but on motorways wow too much road noise

Turn adaptive volume on, it sorts that out a bit. Also when using usb turn off the equaliser on the device so it's just normal, and then on the HU turn bass up two notches, treble one and the other one forgot now one, basically the top two one and bass two, seems to give the best possible sound quality Imo.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

right guys here with a little update ...

been working alot! last few weeks and finally got time off
went to macklin motors (part of the vertu group) and they have afew nice Titanium 1.0 125ps EcoBoost (used) 13plate for £9,995 only done 14k! seen afew a like white , blue, black

but a really like the bright blue but heres the questions
how much does the body kit actually cost and fitted think someone said its £1,400 but has anyone had it fitted (after factory)

Thinking i could get a bundle deal and bring price down if the garage gets it and fits it themselves when a get the car and also do you think a could get the price down anymore? :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club