Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Easy Fuel question...

caligator

Hi,

Today I discovered that the tank door's from easy fuel system doesn't lock even If I lock the car... Is it normal??

I didn't know that before I bought the car and now I'm worried about the tank because it is easy for anyone to fill it with some !Removed!:P

Hi,

Today I discovered that the tank door's from easy fuel system doesn't lock even If I lock the car... Is it normal??

I didn't know that before I bought the car and now I'm worried about the tank because it is easy for anyone to fill it with some !Removed!:P

does it still stay locked, even after a few minutes?

it doesn't lock.... all doors and boot lock but this little tank door stay opened:/

it doesn't lock.... all doors and boot lock but this little tank door stay opened:/

The fuel tank lid doesn't lock at all, it just pops open. However, the fuel entry system only lets you fill up using either the correct nozzle at a petrol pump or by using the special funnel that should be in your boot. The metal flap's almost impossible to open otherwise.

The fuel tank lid doesn't lock at all, it just pops open. However, the fuel entry system only lets you fill up using either the correct nozzle at a petrol pump or by using the special funnel that should be in your boot. The metal flap's almost impossible to open otherwise.

Did think that there would be a sensible solution as Ford are not going to put something on the car that can be abused

Surely anyone could just get hold of a easy fuel funnel though? Its only a piece of plastic. Me and my mate did this the other day with my car , i was quite amazed that the metal cover where you push the nozzle in wasnt locked.

this is really odd. so the fuel cap doesn't actually lock at all? I assumed that there would be a button in the car to unlock it?

this is really odd. so the fuel cap doesn't actually lock at all? I assumed that there would be a button in the car to unlock it?

Nope its always unlocked, just open the flap and put the nozzle in, i can insert easy fuel tube in with car locked which makes me think anyone can put stuff in the tank, wondering if it has an anti-syphon neck on tank though so people cant get fuel out.

Nope its always unlocked, just open the flap and put the nozzle in, i can insert easy fuel tube in with car locked which makes me think anyone can put stuff in the tank, wondering if it has an anti-syphon neck on tank though so people cant get fuel out.

How does the flap unlock? do you just press it and it opens?

Surely anyone could just get hold of a easy fuel funnel though? Its only a piece of plastic. Me and my mate did this the other day with my car , i was quite amazed that the metal cover where you push the nozzle in wasnt locked.

Found this:

With Easy Fuel, the spring-loaded flapper door is held closed by two latches that can only be released by a standard-size unleaded fuel nozzle. When the proper nozzle is inserted into the filler neck of the system, the latches release, and the nozzle pushes the spring-loaded flapper door to the open position. When the nozzle is removed, the flapper door automatically is forced closed by the spring.

Easy Fuel also has a patented mis-fueling inhibitor to reduce improper fueling and siphoning.

The inhibitor consists of a fuel nozzle detector that guides the nozzle to the opening. If a nozzle or foreign tube of a different size – a diesel nozzle or plastic hose, for example – is placed in the filler neck of a gasoline-powered vehicle, the latches will not release. For a diesel-powered vehicle, the inhibitor will keep out the smaller gasoline nozzles.

To protect the fuel filler neck from dirt, dust and debris, Easy Fuel relies on a flexible rubber seal in the body housing. The system also comes with a handy plastic funnel, which is stored with a vehicle’s tire changing kit, in case someone runs out of fuel and needs to add a gallon or two from a portable container.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=28320

Nice one! I suppose that is vaguely reassuring....

Mine is done on a key so I'm fine.

I'd be really worried about not having a lock on it. I wouldn't be fussed just on people putting stuff in, it's taking fuel out aswell.

• 1 year later...

There is no locking mechanism for the filler cap on Mk7s.

Stupid decision by Ford - this is the first car I have had in 25 years that has not had a locking cap!

There is no locking mechanism for the filler cap on Mk7s.

Stupid decision by Ford - this is the first car I have had in 25 years that has not had a locking cap!

the easy capless is one thing wherein simpler is better can be applied. just the same old cap and lock the damn gas lid cover

I got this locking cap for my US 2011 Fiesta. Probably fits an MK7 as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-FORD-2011-11-FIESTA-LOCKING-GAS-FUEL-PLUG-CAP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5eb9545eQQitemZ250697307230QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Personally, I'd rather the cover door to the fuel port not be locked. Popping open that cover is a simple matter with a screwdriver anyway and if someone wanted to get at the tank, that door will not offer much of a barrier and it and the surrounding area will be damaged if people want to open it. I'd rather the door be unlocked and accessable to anyone, but the fuel cap be lockable. I just wish the fuel cap would lock with the car. Hate carrying around yet another key.

I got this locking cap for my US 2011 Fiesta. Probably fits an MK7 as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-FORD-2011-11-FIESTA-LOCKING-GAS-FUEL-PLUG-CAP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5eb9545eQQitemZ250697307230QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Personally, I'd rather the cover door to the fuel port not be locked. Popping open that cover is a simple matter with a screwdriver anyway and if someone wanted to get at the tank, that door will not offer much of a barrier and it and the surrounding area will be damaged if people want to open it. I'd rather the door be unlocked and accessable to anyone, but the fuel cap be lockable. I just wish the fuel cap would lock with the car. Hate carrying around yet another key.

the lockable plug is better but it would be best if the gas lid cover is integrated with the door locks. with that, you have two layers of security for the fuel tank.

how did you install the lockable plug in your easy capless thing? ford group in our country is evading / ignoring our concern in line with this thread topic.

I've had my Fiesta for over 18 months now, nobody has taken any fuel out and nobody has put any poo in. Some people worry/moan about the slighest things these days.

I've had my Fiesta for over 18 months now, nobody has taken any fuel out and nobody has put any poo in. Some people worry/moan about the slighest things these days.

:) :) :P :P :P

had the car 12 months ...and I've never lost a moments sleep worrying about this :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:) :) :P :P :P

had the car 12 months ...and I've never lost a moments sleep worrying about this :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hence some and not all. :D :P

I have never had anyone break into my home, but I still lock the doors everytime I leave. Maybe when you have had your Fiesta for 32.4632 months, someone will do something spitful to it or try to steal your fuel or worse.....who knows? Just because it hasn't happened yet, does not mean it will never happen. And I am not even saying it will happen, but I am saying having a locking gas cap makes it a whole lot harder for someone to mess with your fuel system in that manner.

I have had an ex girlfriend dump sugar or some crap in my fuel tank before. Wish I had a locking gas cap on it. $21us for a locking cap is a whole lot cheaper and easier then replacing a fuel pump and filters.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club