Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Easy Fuel question...

caligator

Joe bloggs on the street has no idea the fuel door will not open without the filler pipe.

That is unless he/she reads stuff like this....

Surely advertising the method of sabotaging a fuel system is worse than simply worrying about a door not locking.

I have never had anyone break into my home, but I still lock the doors everytime I leave. Maybe when you have had your Fiesta for 32.4632 months, someone will do something spitful to it or try to steal your fuel or worse.....who knows? Just because it hasn't happened yet, does not mean it will never happen. And I am not even saying it will happen, but I am saying having a locking gas cap makes it a whole lot harder for someone to mess with your fuel system in that manner.

I have had an ex girlfriend dump sugar or some crap in my fuel tank before. Wish I had a locking gas cap on it. $21us for a locking cap is a whole lot cheaper and easier then replacing a fuel pump and filters.

I suppose you're right to be fair.

I'm gonna get onto Ford and ask why they use 2 windscreen wipers on the windscreen, I've seen other cars with one. What if I ever fall out with someone, that's 2 wipers they can break off instead of one, causing twice the damage, do they not think of the consequences when falling out with someone at Ford.

I might also ask, whilst I'm writing, why the hell did they make the windscreen so big, if said angered person is really angry with me, they might decide breaking two wipers is not enough, they might decide to throw a brick through my windscreen, and let's be fair, they aint gonna miss the Fiesta windscreen are they, it's !Removed! massive.

And another thing whilst I've got my thinking head on, why the hell did Ford build the Fiesta with 4 wheels, if I had a Reliant Robin and my wheels were stolen, I'd only have to replace three instead of four, that's a 25% increase if my Fiesta wheels are stolen, that's considerable.

Why do Ford never do any research into what they make, why do they think they no more than me who has had no years experience in building cars, amatures!!!!!

I wouldn't think the fuel door would lock. With the MK4 Ford just fitted a fuel cap that you had to unlock with the key.

I suppose you're right to be fair.

I'm gonna get onto Ford and ask why they use 2 windscreen wipers on the windscreen, I've seen other cars with one. What if I ever fall out with someone, that's 2 wipers they can break off instead of one, causing twice the damage, do they not think of the consequences when falling out with someone at Ford.

I might also ask, whilst I'm writing, why the hell did they make the windscreen so big, if said angered person is really angry with me, they might decide breaking two wipers is not enough, they might decide to throw a brick through my windscreen, and let's be fair, they aint gonna miss the Fiesta windscreen are they, it's !Removed! massive.

And another thing whilst I've got my thinking head on, why the hell did Ford build the Fiesta with 4 wheels, if I had a Reliant Robin and my wheels were stolen, I'd only have to replace three instead of four, that's a 25% increase if my Fiesta wheels are stolen, that's considerable.

Why do Ford never do any research into what they make, why do they think they no more than me who has had no years experience in building cars, amatures!!!!!

one of the best replies I've ever read :) :D :D :)

mind you I’m curious to know what sort of ex would bother putting sugar in your tank, but perhaps that’s more about someone’s life style than car manufacturing :rolleyes:

KeithC - cracking reply B)

Casca, your ex sounds pretty annoyed with you. If she wasn't able to pour sugar in to the fuel tank do you really believe she'd have just given up? Spending $21 on a fuel locker just means your next girlfriend will cost you four new tyres or perhaps a full respray if you've been really bad to her (or him :P )!

If people intend to attack you in some way, there's nothing you can do about it.

I have never had anyone break into my home, but I still lock the doors everytime I leave. Maybe when you have had your Fiesta for 32.4632 months, someone will do something spitful to it or try to steal your fuel or worse.....who knows? Just because it hasn't happened yet, does not mean it will never happen. And I am not even saying it will happen, but I am saying having a locking gas cap makes it a whole lot harder for someone to mess with your fuel system in that manner.

I have had an ex girlfriend dump sugar or some crap in my fuel tank before. Wish I had a locking gas cap on it. $21us for a locking cap is a whole lot cheaper and easier then replacing a fuel pump and filters.

i agree with you dude. its better safe than sorry :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club