Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking A Car Change Is In Order

Kris_R

Hey guys am thinking about selling my 04 1.25 and getting the 2011 zetec-s. Any thing i should keep an eye out for? Also how good are they on fuel? As its a 70 mile round trip to get to work thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If you're sticking with the fiesta the 1.0 litre engine is realy good, I seem to get about 45mpg on my normal daily routine and cna get over 50 on a longer run.

Before you get the Zetec S you might want to check out the Titanium as well. It comes with a higher spec (although no body kit) and if you do a lot of motorway driving it has cruise control which the Zetec S doesn't have as standard.

The Zetec S has the body kit and slightly hardest suspension. The Titanium has multiple engine choices, including the engine used in the Zetec S.

Ive been upto my local garage and they have gave me 3 choices a mk 7 zetec-s, the new 1.0 ecoboost or a 1.4 sri corsa

Do you know which ecoboost engine it is? Two 1.0 ecoboost engines are available. The 100 or 125. I've went for the slightly more powerful 125 engine. The ecoboost engines are quicker than the corsa and probably more fuel efficent as well. I'm guessing the mk 7 zetec S is the 1.6 engine? The ecoboost engines now replace the 1.6. If you look at a new Zetec S now they have the Ecoboost 1.0 litre 125 engine.

I agree about the Titanium especially if you can get the one with the body kit although it's rare. But you get lots more kit and the 125bhp engine means same performance.

It was the 125bhp engine i think. I didn't even consider the corsa. Hate them. The mk7 zetec-s is also a lot cheaper to buy. Im not fully committed as you can tell haha

Going to look at a red 2009 zetec-s tomorrow. If it doesnt blow me away on the test drive I'm not going to buy it

I'd advice you to try both the 1.6 ZS (the old one) and the 1.0 ecoboost - personally I have trouble accepting the turbo lag of the 1.0, although when the power (finally) comes on, there's a decent amount of it.

I test drove both and the 1.0 ecoboost isnt for me. Loved the way the zetec-s drove. Just waiting to hear back about the finance and its mines

I must admit the ecoboost does take a while to get used to. When I first attempted to overtake I wondered where the power was. So I pulled back in. On a longer stretch of road I gave it another go and caught the power this time. It does go, once you know how to get it to go. It does need winding up a bit first but once wound up it does have plenty of power. This isn't really something you'd get from a test drive, unless you had one which lasted an hour.

I'm used to driving a turbo diesel, and it's power delivery was almost instant, but it also ran out quickly and I had to change gear which I don't need to with the ecoboost.

Kris I had the 1.6 ZS before I got the ST and I really enjoyed it, just needed a bit more power. You could get a Mountune 140 or 155 upgrade and it would be fine. Today I got a 1.0l ecoboost Zetec as a hire car, drove about 150 miles mix of A roads and motorway. I have to say I was very impressed with it. I guess having a turbo is one of those things you get used to just rev it a little higher then the power is on tap. Averaged 50MPG as well.

Which would I choose, difficult question but I certainly wouldn't write the little 1.0l off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club