Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford F Super Diagnostic Tool

thebassman

Hi

I've been looking on eBay and notice you can get F Super or F Super 2.

Is there much difference between them?

I have a 2005 tdci.

cheers

thebassman

I believe the FSuper 1 will do for the year you have, although I havent yet clued myself on the differences, but I know that if I use the FSuper and its software on my Mondy MK4 it doesnt work, perhaps this is the difference, I have yet to find out!

• 3 weeks later...

I have just purchased an F-super disc and cable / plug off eBay. It only cost me £11.02 with free postage, a bargain I thought ???

I loaded the disc onto my laptop as was instructed. Unfortunately when I went to my car, plugged it in, started the car etc, I got nothing coming up on the screen, not happy.

I am trying to think whether I have done everything right for it to work properly??

Can someone help, please

Incidently I went to a mechanic friend of mine, who used his hand held device, and got code P2263 (boost / pressure issue I believe).

Simon

When you use the software, did you configure it to point at the right comm port?

When you use the software, did you configure it to point at the right comm port?

Yes, unless your pc assigns a com port from 1-8, mine installed it as com port 9.

I had to go into device manager, right click another item with an assigned com port from 1-8. Change it to a higher free com port. Then go back into my fsuper usb item and then re-assign that to a free com port from 1-8. My new free port was com port 7.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Thebassman

Yeah thats what I was thinking.

can you put up a screenshot of the error your seeing?

Hi Jeebowhite

Mine is working fine now, after lots of messing around in device manager.

I couldn't get the USB drivers to install correctly using the ones of the disc.

If you are using Windows 7 32 or 64 bit, the best way to do it is to go to this website http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm and download the 2.10.00 WHQL Certified executable file.

When this has downloaded, right click it and run as administrator.

When you plug the Fsuper back in, Windows should look for and install the correct drivers.

You can check this by going into in device manager. Look in Ports (COM and LPT), USB Serial Port (COM ?, mine is 7), right click Properties, Driver tab. This should say Driver provider FTDI, driver version 2.10.0.0.

The other one is in Univesal Serial Bus Controllers, USB Serial Converter, right click, Properties, Driver tab. This should say Driver provider FTDI, driver version 2.10.0.0.

If this is all ok and your USB Serial Port (COM, anywhere from 1-8), then you should be good to go.

Also, when i installed Formiddable, i had to disable AVG antivirus and then run the program by right click run as administrator.

Hope this helps, and i aven't waffled on too much.

cheers

thebassman

• 3 weeks later...

great result and handy information for anyone else who may need it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I used the info given by Thebassman and everything works great now.

I downloaded the driver from the net, plugged it into the car, assigned a Com port and works fine.

Thanks for the info, the shared experiences discussed on this site are massive help.

Cheers Simon