Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Rear Camera On Titanium-X?

Saturnyne

Hello,

So I joined the Ford club today with the purchase of a 14-plate Fiesta Titanium-X Ecoboost Powershift 100.

It was first registered March 1st 2014 so I expected it to have rear parking sensors and camera. The logbook says it's a Titanium-X, and it does have part-leather seats and all of the other Titanium-X features, but no rear parking sensors or camera. According to the 2014 brochure these should be standard features. I can't find the 2013 brochure for comparison (would mine be classed as a 2013 model?)

Does anybody have any ideas why these standard features are missing?

I had a 14 plate TitX courtesy car the other week and that didn't have a rear view camera.

It was part of an options pack in 2013

Thanks all,

Having read the 2014 brochure I assumed it would come as standard on all models with a 2014 plate. I guess that was a bit naive. Mine must *just* about be a 2013 model.

Does anybody know if it's possible to get it upgraded at all? Through Ford if necessary... I'd like the rear camera to use that existing screen rather than having to put a secondary screen in.

Hello,

So I joined the Ford club today with the purchase of a 14-plate Fiesta Titanium-X Ecoboost Powershift 100.

It was first registered March 1st 2014 so I expected it to have rear parking sensors and camera. The logbook says it's a Titanium-X, and it does have part-leather seats and all of the other Titanium-X features, but no rear parking sensors or camera. According to the 2014 brochure these should be standard features. I can't find the 2013 brochure for comparison (would mine be classed as a 2013 model?)

Does anybody have any ideas why these standard features are missing?

My rear parking sensors came with a driver assistance pack in 2013

The reversing camera was an option at the time providing you had a Sony radio or SatNav.

Ford love to confuse buyers with a myriad of option packs.

I'm more annoyed with the dealer really.

I'm not really a car person but as a layman I just expected a car registered in 2014, with a 2014 plate to be a 2014 model and therefore come with the standard features as shown in the 2014 brochure. The dealer really didn't go out of their way to correct me on that point.

The 2014 Fiesta brochure (February 2014), states that the Titanium X gets rear sensors as part of the city pack as standard and also the rear camera standard in conjunction with the Sony Radio/CD with DAB and/or SatNav.

So to clarify what Bheart said you had to have paid extra to get the sony stereo system to get the camera, or fit an after market one which is easy enough but you will have another screen somewhere, or you could change your rear view mirror to one which has an led display in it which when in reverse doubles up as a screen for reversing

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yup...looks like this post-55595-140607343655_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Thanks all for your replies.

I do have the Sony system with Satnav. Ford can't retrofit the manufacturer's camera.

Is there any way to get hold of OEM Ford parts and have someone install it, to utilise the existing screen?

Thanks.

Wow I would not be happy when ordering a 2014 model and you receive a 2013 model, In SA we work from 1 Jan - Dec 31 as a year, I know in the US they work a bit differently, confussing when they say they have a 2015 model when its still 2014, good luck ;)

Well I'm in the UK. Prior to buying I asked the date of manufacture, which was January 2014. Despite, this it's a 2013 model and the dealer refuses to do anything because they say they simply answered the question truthfully.

That doesn't help me, however.

New spec was announced in early March 14. Changes to previous titanium x were

Inclusion of reversing camera

Inclusion of rear parking sensors

Change to plain leather steering wheel

Change to plain rather than two tone seatbelts

Downgrading of car mats supplied

Price went up by £250 over previous spec, which was the price of adding camera for factory order.

I ordered in Jan 14, car was built mid Feb.in my view you haven't been received by dealer, unless you insisted car had camera and you were missold

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks Bilbo.

I was missed for sure. I won't go into detail but the AutoTrader ad did say Camera and Sensors. Since it's on PCP CAB have told me to take it up with the finance company who are looking into it for me.

Either way, I won't be returning the car but would still like the camera. I've got a 'mods' person looking at it for me. It seems any old camera will do, but hooking it up seamlessly to the built-in display will need some work. Alternatively, I'll have to wait until I can pick up a OEM camera + bits from a breaker's yard. I've never had any dealings with a breaker's yard before though. Any advice?

There is a whole heap of aftermarket products out there that'd suit, like above you might have to have the screen in the rear view mirror, however these are pretty good and you should look in the mirror anyway even with a camera :P

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

There is a whole heap of aftermarket products out there that'd suit, like above you might have to have the screen in the rear view mirror, however these are pretty good and you should look in the mirror anyway even with a camera :P

I know, I know I'm being overly fussy. Since it's still new (14 plate, 1100 miles) I'd really like the factory option. Having said that, I'm not desperate enough to plump for an aftermarket solution. I'm happy to wait until there's an option available to use the existing screen. It would seem a shame not to use it since it's got the ability to be used, once I can get hold of the right parts and someone clever enough to make it all work.

• 5 weeks later...

Just bought a 14 plate Titanium X second hand from Arnold Clark and it was advertised with the camera. But definitely not on the car!

Annoyed!

This ^^^^^

Take it back to them then.

This ^^^^^

What they said.

So to clarify what Bheart said you had to have paid extra to get the sony stereo system to get the camera, or fit an after market one which is easy enough but you will have another screen somewhere, or you could change your rear view mirror to one which has an led display in it which when in reverse doubles up as a screen for reversing

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

where could you get a rear view mirror with the led display in and would it be easy enough to connect up?

Just bought a 14 plate Titanium X second hand from Arnold Clark and it was advertised with the camera. But definitely not on the car!

Annoyed!

Take it back ...I got the same car and same year and mines got one so definitely TAKE IT BACK.

If you cant come right with Ford go to Hyhundai or Kia, my dads Serato has the rear view mirror in with led screen and reverse camera, and it works great, you have to look very hard to find the camera in the rear.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club