Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec Mk6.5

Norris_Cole92

It does the job mate I like my drum and bass haha, and both sub and amp were given to me by a friend who's dad used to work at the car auctions.

As for the HIDs I've got angel eye headlights which have projector lenses which won't be aimed too high as not to dazzle other drivers, !Removed! hate that! Sure they don't have washers and self levelling headlights but ill probs just swap to standard headlights for MOT to be on the safe side

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

What's your opinion on tinted tail lights gingerflame?

My car passed an MOT with HIDs, without washers and self levelling so you never know! :)

Not too sure what I think of the tinted taillights.. Kind of needs the red of the lights to break up the black but again.. I'm a fussy tw4t! Haha :)

Same reason I upgraded my ICE.. Stock system manages to ruin practically any track you play through it. Fair enough if the sub & amp were given to you! Can't complain :)

Maybe I'll take it along the garage beforehand and see what he thinks, he's a good bloke so might not be an issue.

I do quite like the red tbh may look a bit chavvy all black, side repeaters defo getting done though only be a tenner!

Maybe I'll take it along the garage beforehand and see what he thinks, he's a good bloke so might not be an issue.

I do quite like the red tbh may look a bit chavvy all black, side repeaters defo getting done though only be a tenner!

Yeah might aswell check with them! I dropped mine off with HIDs in as I didn't have time to refit my old headlights & halogens. Was quite shocked that it passed if I'm honest! Well, it failed on wheel bearings but I changed them overnight and It passed with no advisories! :)

That's what I meant to say.. But I didn't want to seem rude! Aha :) side repeaters will look good tinted! I've fitted clear ones & silver bulbs as mine's a light coloured car & it made the sides look much cleaner!

Heres a pic of my HID's which were installed on the weekend. Not the best pic in the world will try and get some better ones.

How the !Removed! do you get the air filter box off a mk 6.5 fiesta? I've undone the bolts but it seems there is still a clip at the back?

HIDs

Remove the bolts & Pull fking hard!!!! Gets easier the more you do it. Spray some gt85 or wd on the rubbers at the back :)

Give it a good wiggle around (the airbox!!!!) to loosen the rubbers up abit

Are you sure about this??? Seemed like it was pretty effin tight!! Didn't want to snap the thing out hahaha

• Like 1

Are you sure about this??? Seemed like it was pretty effin tight!! Didn't want to snap the thing out hahaha

I thought the same when somebody told me to pull on it. But I just went for it. Don't be scared of breaking it. Pull it straight up & you Should be fine!

It does feel like you're going to break it. But it's just some rubber grommets with a little pole stuck through it with a ball on then end (not a very good description, sorry)

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip matey I'll give it another bash this weekend!

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip matey I'll give it another bash this weekend!

Open the bonnet and touch nothing (except the bonnet stay if you don't have hydraulic struts).

Then try holding down one side of the airbox (eg left). And the try lifting the other side (eg right) and give it a few jolts upwards either end and eventually you'll start to feel it coming looser. Then just do what I said in the post before :)

Good luck, it's a b45tard I know!

Aye I'll give it go, it seemed to be the left hand side which was causing me grief, thought there was a bolt or a screw or something but I'll just yank the cnt out!

• Like 1

Did you manage to pull the airbox off?

I haven't had a chance yet working 9-5 Monday to Friday so gonna have to wait til Saturday, I'll let you know how I get on

Did you manage to pull the airbox off?

Got this off today no problem, felt a lot better knowing it's normal for it to be stuck down like that!

Also had a day of cleaning cars, my fiesta and the gf's Ka. What a nightmare washing two black cars at the same time, glad she hasn't got a Range Rover or something daft like that!

Uploader is down atm will post photos soon

• Like 1

Here are some slightly better pics of my HIDs, the glare is due to the camera they are actually in projectors!

IMG 1287

IMG 1283

IMG 1288

Also bought these Osram LED's for my sidelights but they're far too blue! Stuck them inside instead.

IMG 1290

And a better pic of the LED number plate replacement units

IMG 1289

liking all the new bulbs

Thanks mate, I've got a bit of a problem with the interior light which I'll look at the weekend. Basically when the buttons in the middle (comes on when doors open) it flickers when I'm driving so must be something to do with the metal connections. Not so much a problem during the day but don;t want to be driving behind a police car and putting the blues and twos on them haha

When I had the led festoon in the focus it would glow softly when it was in the door position kind of like ambient lighting. There must be a little bit of voltage that still gets to it but not enough to power it properly. A few other people have the same problem too so it's not uncommon :)

It's a 501 bulb that's in there, I had that issue with previous LED's but this one seems to work fine and doesn't stay on dim when the doors are shut. Think I just messed about with the metal connections on the button too much so they're not quite tight enough hence the flashing blue light!

Not quite sure what's next on the agenda, might get some mudflaps to try and free some of my weekends up cleaning the car!

• 6 months later...

Latest update - Installed some LED strip lights in the boot over the weekend and pleased with how it turned out, pretty simple job and very effective!

post-55453-0-98534500-1441655057_thumb.j

post-55453-0-09561900-1441655039_thumb.j

• Like 1

When I had the led festoon in the focus it would glow softly when it was in the door position kind of like ambient lighting. There must be a little bit of voltage that still gets to it but not enough to power it properly. A few other people have the same problem too so it's not uncommon :)

I have the same problem with my fiesta going to change it back at the weekend