Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting New Front Speakers Advice?

PaulR1993

Me again I am currently planning to upgrade the standard focus Mk2.5 front Speakers to the same kind you get in a ST3 like sony blue Speakers. But how do you get to the speaker is it a case of taking the whole door card off or it looks like the speaker part is separate to the rest of the card and just clips off? Any guides would be much appreciated

Thanks again guys

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Me again I am currently planning to upgrade the standard focus Mk2.5 front speakers to the same kind you get in a ST3 like sony blue speakers. But how do you get to the speaker is it a case of taking the whole door card off or it looks like the speaker part is separate to the rest of the card and just clips off? Any guides would be much appreciated

Thanks again guys

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Paul,

See my guide here fo4 door card removal: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46244-guide-fitting-ford-projector-puddle-lights-mk2-mk25-focus-05-12-front-doors/

And see Hassen's thread for speaker upgrade: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/52338-2014-upgrades/page-2

I will try only just bought my focus and looking about myself, my previous 52 plate focus I bought Alpine but they sounded awful and I replaced them with JL Audio and all I can say is WOW clarity and oomph, But it is all down to how much money you want to spend ,I will look at JL again or Focal and go from there. Looking into Lenny's great how too's is a bonus ,Nice one Lenny :driving:

• Like 1

Simple you DONT the JL Audio 5x7 I had in my mk 1.5 focus would have amazed you in the sound quantity,clarity and quality, although I did dynamat the doors outer and inner skin, I was running a top of the range (then) Alpine head unit with Alpine mono amp and a Jl audio Sub, it made my ears ring, the missus was always whinging about her thinking her heart was going to pop out of her throat,I cant recommend JL Audio equipment highly enough. With Speakers you get what you pay for to be honest......

• Like 1

Thanks mate,

I haven't touched the Speakers in my focus yet, but i have bought a set of these Boom Mat sound proofing cups,

they fit in to the space prior to inserting your speaker insulating the sound aiding base response aswell,

I bought them through eBay there available in various sizes may be worth looking in to purchasing when upgrading your Speakers.

IMG_20130929_090955_zpsb0eb5dc2.jpg

IMG_20130929_091019_zps95916b3c.jpg

IMG_20130929_091052_zpsd7918e09.jpg

IMG_20130929_091113_zps43f0356b.jpg

IMG_20130929_091149_zps7645ec22.jpg

IMG_20130929_091113_zps43f0356b.jpg

Those baffles look decent, might give them a go. Not long changed the front and rear Speakers in my car, wasn't too difficult. Half the reason for changing them was 2 Speakers never worked since I brought the car, turned out they were wired up wrong, must of been done in production.

• Like 1

Oh crickey I will pop down the local hospital and ask for those puke bowls :iim: lol, Problem I have at the mo is I have the sat nav head unit and I have to admit the sound quality is !Removed! superb but im surer it wont have any phono connections and I quite fance a sub again if there is enough room I would like a focal under seat subs they are cracking small items, if not I will have to look into splicing into the high output side for my BOOM, I have just gone from a monterously fast car with no stereo to a comfy armchair with good mpg and NOISE woo hoo, BRING ON THE TUNES..... surely im getting too old for this :wacko::rolleyes::driving:

• Like 1

Those baffles look decent, might give them a go. Not long changed the front and rear speakers in my car, wasn't too difficult. Half the reason for changing them was 2 speakers never worked since I brought the car, turned out they were wired up wrong, must of been done in production.

either a friday evening or monday morning build then :)

Just ordered some, I'll let you know if they're any good, I'm getting a slight rattling from the front drivers speaker can't seem to find where it's coming from, I'm hoping this might sort it.

• Like 1