Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bp Ultimate

laumk7

I wanna have a grumble been filling up with this for ages now so it's safe to say it's the only thing in my fuel tank, but I don't seem to be getting very good vfm out of it iykwim? I use it as ford recommend the stuff, but it just feels watered down, am I getting any benefit from this at all? I'd like to think I'm paying a premium for additives and cleaners as well as the higher octane (97)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I doubt any of the engines available in the Fiesta bar maybe the ST will really benefit from BP Ultimate.

The recommendation is more of an advert...

Agree with Alex, Ultimate is nice as the odd treat for the car and to try clear it out, but I look at it like alcohol!

For someone whos not a drinker and a lightweight (All none Sport motors) its a nice drink, gets you tipsy and gives you a good night, but sadly the more you drink it day after day after day, the more you just waste your money and the less effect you have!

As Alex said, only premium motors with premium BHP will benefit from the stuff day after day, but for the humble folk amongst us who do not drive Lambo's, SLK's or such, its a waste of money :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, due to the map on mine I can only run 99 octane fuel (Shell nitro or momentum99)

Once I had no fuel and no other choice than to use 95 octane fuel and it was noticeable, idling funny, coughing on the way up the revs

My point is there can be a difference between normal supermarket and proper Shell but the difference between 95 and 97 is probably not noticeable

Sent from my C1905 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

i can agree there is a difference between sumpermarket and Shell fuel i was using sainsburys for a while and had to fill up so used Shell and my god the revs pick up nicer it seems to be more reactive and thats from my 1.2 so there must be something done to supermarket normal 95 fuel compared to shells 95

It is what is not in supermarket fuel that is the difference.

The big brands (Texaco, Shell, BP, Esso, etc), have additives in the fuel which help keep the car cleaner and running smoother. At least that is the theory.

I have a relative who used to work at Shell as a welder, he said they supply some supermarkets but the fuel that ends up at Shell was on nice clean well looked after towers and the ones with the supermarket fuel didn't get clean out of anything there full of leaves and branches and just general rubbish

Sent from my C1905 using Ford OC mobile app

Supermarkets grade is lesser quality, my missus whinges at me "it all comes out of the same hole in the ground" - whilst I agree, so too do beans, but you get Heinz and Asda's own side by side and there is a difference.

At the end of the day, Shell and the likes invest in it more and refine it better, whereas supermarkets just have loads of detergents chucked in it.

99.9% of the time, I will buy Shell Fuelsave or Regular Diesel, the MPG is much higher compared to any supermarket fuel I use. I did a test recently, in these hot and humid conditions, half a tank of Shell got me 65mpg, half a tank of saisburys finest got me 51, that was running it down to 5% fuel in the tank from 48% (Shell) and 53% (sainsburys) after the topup.

Thank god i only have a non turbo 3 cylinder Fiesta coz it runs great on any type/make of petrol.I have tried the cheaper supermarket fuel for a few weeks then premium Esso,Shell,etc and MPG,acceleration,tickover etc stay the same. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club