Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Ford Owners Opinions Of Fiesta St's

neil1jnr

The standard st has been rcorded at 209bhp on dyno runs my remapped car is at about 220bhp. It dont keep up with the faster german cars but merc c220's bmw 320's an most audi' excluding the s' s it gobbles them up.

I am not tryin to say my car is the best car in the world. Im simply sayin it blows away everything in its price bracket.

^ this tbh. Enough said unless your spending well over 25k you can't get better blasts and corner chucking ability for your money (new prices I'm talking about ) as for build quality moans above srs? I think the fiesta is quite well built, but then everyone goes batshit for a VW cuz it got dem blu lightz inside on da dashboard innit bruv, and everyone loves a blue light which seems to warrant 10k these days and automatically win car of the century. Bmw, vag and merc also rattle their !Removed! off after a few years, plus the fiST is more part price friendly, call up audi and ask how much a shock is for an s3 or a set of brakes. It'll frighten you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

I'd much rather have a Ford (or most other brands) over boring, unreliable and expensive german crap!

What you mean is you'd rather have the Ford and 10k left over after.

Forget current fords for a moment .if fords were rubbish say in 80s then why did likes of Merc use the Cosworth engine in their merc 190e cosworth?? Also widely used engine in alsorts of modified cars ford non ford. Fords are these days reliable & quality & worth its value for money.

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Cosworth are and were technically nothing to do with Ford. The engines are great but back in the 80s they had sierras rusting before they left the forecourt.

That is such a narrow minded view. Don't get me wrong I love the Fiesta ST and it's a great car for its own reasons. But Merc's, Audi's and BMW's would eat a Fiesta ST for breakfast.

Audi's and BMW's are spec'd to the owners need / want so its all well and good you saying you're beating Audi's but they may well be 105 bhp lol! That's no different to me saying my S1600 beats a Style in a drag race. It's always going to happen...

For example your ST is 180bhp standard, you may be running 200 now? an Audi S3 which is a ST equivalent of a standard A3 / Fiesta is 300bhp...

Fiesta 0-60 = 6.9

S3 0-60 = 5.2

Maybe the S3 is unfair as its a bigger car, even so the new S1 is 231 bhp and does 0-60 in 5.8. The A3 1.8 TFSI 177bhp engine will also do 60 in 7 seconds...

Admittedly the S1 starts at 24k and the S3 30k but you get what you pay for. The fiesta is 17k which is a big amount of money for what is still a Fiesta. Which people will perceive as a chavvy car, boy racer. I've had the same comments with my S1600 lol.

The build quality is a whole different ball game with the german cars, the Fiesta is built cheaply, it rattles, door rubbers fall off, you could sit in a BMW 1 or 3 series at 120mph and not even know you're moving. The Fiesta gets juddery and loud at 80.

I'm by no means an Audi fan boy, the story is the same with Merc and BMW. I personally love the Fiesta ST and would own one in a heart beat but they simply can not be compared to bigger more expensive cars. There literally is no competition.

I can't think of any German cars for the same money as a new St\ that would eat it for breakfast. It is well and good saying the ST is on par with Audis (I never said it beat it), but it was a 265bhp S3, not 105bhp as you stated.

The 0-60 times yu have quoted are for cars with 0-60 times with quattro, of course they will be quicker off the line but I don't elieve an S1 will be qicker than a Fiesta ST (with warrenty Mountune kit) from 2nd gear onwards. Power to weight and torque to weight ratios are better for the ST.

The Audis you say 'you get what you pay for' and the fiesta is 'still just a fiesta for the mney', mate you get what you pay for with an ST, a very quick little car that can put more exppensive cars to shame and the Audi's are still 'just' A1's and A3's. So £30K + is a heck of a lot of money for something that is just an A3...

The built quality is NOT a whole different ball game. It is really hard to find a rubbish new car nowadays, my sister has a new DS4 and it is more stylish ( ot to everyones taste), the interior looks great and it rattles no less than any golf I've been in... oh yeah and this isn't even an ST I am talking about, it's a French Citroen! i agree however in top end Audi's and BMW's and even more so Merc's, that their interior quality is a lot better. But again, for the same money there isn't anything 'better' than the ST, I think it comes down to personal prefereance of layouts etc. For the record VW interiors are way too over rated. You seriously think an ST is juddery and loud at 80mph?? Juddery???

But there literally is competition, factor in a Focus ST in place of the Fiesta for any German car up to £28K and try and justify the additional cash for a german car over the Ford.

Thanks for your comments though, guess that is your opinion, enjoy your German motor when you move on from your Fiesta :D.

135m only a touch more than the focus but 360bhp and rwd it's an absolute monster, going to get one in a few years when they hit the 15k mark. Also another thing about Audi, anyone notice how the a1, a3 and a4 are so cramped inside? The fiesta has way more leg room than an a3 and the focus / mondeo could probably fit an a4 inside the cabin.

Edited by Stoney871
Removed Ap Tag
  • Like 1

Oh and the ds4 has an epic interior, I'd buy one just to sit inside it at night time.

Edited by Stoney871
Removed Ap Tag

I can't think of any German cars for the same money as a new St\ that would eat it for breakfast. It is well and good saying the ST is on par with Audis (I never said it beat it), but it was a 265bhp S3, not 105bhp as you stated.

The 0-60 times yu have quoted are for cars with 0-60 times with quattro, of course they will be quicker off the line but I don't elieve an S1 will be qicker than a Fiesta ST (with warrenty Mountune kit) from 2nd gear onwards. Power to weight and torque to weight ratios are better for the ST.

The Audis you say 'you get what you pay for' and the fiesta is 'still just a fiesta for the mney', mate you get what you pay for with an ST, a very quick little car that can put more exppensive cars to shame and the Audi's are still 'just' A1's and A3's. So £30K + is a heck of a lot of money for something that is just an A3...

The built quality is NOT a whole different ball game. It is really hard to find a rubbish new car nowadays, my sister has a new DS4 and it is more stylish ( ot to everyones taste), the interior looks great and it rattles no less than any golf I've been in... oh yeah and this isn't even an ST I am talking about, it's a French Citroen! i agree however in top end Audi's and BMW's and even more so Merc's, that their interior quality is a lot better. But again, for the same money there isn't anything 'better' than the ST, I think it comes down to personal prefereance of layouts etc. For the record VW interiors are way too over rated. You seriously think an ST is juddery and loud at 80mph?? Juddery???

But there literally is competition, factor in a Focus ST in place of the Fiesta for any German car up to £28K and try and justify the additional cash for a german car over the Ford.

Thanks for your comments though, guess that is your opinion, enjoy your German motor when you move on from your Fiesta :D.

The original question was how would non Ford owners perceive the ST, I put my thoughts on the table. Simple as!

I merely brought the German cars into question when people were saying an ST would beat a similarly spec'd "Insert VAG car here" with more BHP. It wouldn't happen. Irregardless of price.

All that's happened here is ST owners getting over defensive of their pride and joys. Which will always happen on a Ford Forum. It will always be one way traffic... I'm sure this question would massively differ if asked on a general car forum.

As I've said in every post in this thread I like the Fiesta ST, don't get me wrong I'm by no means hating on it. Just trying to add a unbiased review of what other people will view it as.

And you got a lot of truthful replies to it.

If the A3 and 1 Series was the same price for a similarly powerful model we'd all jump on them, I'd rather something like a 125i or 2.0TFSI over the ST but they are stupid money.

Fact is they are not and makes them so unappealing to people who want to own their car and not finance it over a few years and have nothing to show for it at the end.

• Like 2

Agreed! that makes perfectly logical sense :D

There's something about the fiesta I don't like. Not just the st but all fiestas. Too little for me.

However I would agree that for the money they are great cars and there is not much out there for the same price.

What's the standard price of the corsa vxr? Are they not similar power etc.

I've never like audis. Lol. They look too plastic for me inside.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

VXR's were well priced, they came out at £15,995 and all you could add to them was leather and Sat Nav which was around 1K extra for lot and paint of course. Now you have the Burg editions etc which are around 19K and other crap.

Great cars in a straight line but the cornering ability is pretty poor on a track, UK roads you won't notice the difference between any of these cars unless you go law breaking. but they were plagued with a problem with Piston 4 and the rod kept bending and scoring the block which took GM years to fix and admit there was a problem, hence why Pre-58 plates are so much cheaper regardless of mileage, just undesirable is all.

• Like 1

The original question was how would non Ford owners perceive the ST, I put my thoughts on the table. Simple as!

I merely brought the German cars into question when people were saying an ST would beat a similarly spec'd "Insert VAG car here" with more BHP. It wouldn't happen. Irregardless of price.

All that's happened here is ST owners getting over defensive of their pride and joys. Which will always happen on a Ford Forum. It will always be one way traffic... I'm sure this question would massively differ if asked on a general car forum.

As I've said in every post in this thread I like the Fiesta ST, don't get me wrong I'm by no means hating on it. Just trying to add a unbiased review of what other people will view it as.

I understand, If I was spending £30K I'd probably push the boat out for a used GTR or other used performnce car. My question was really do some of you guys find owners of more expensive german metal a bit snobbish. And there seems to be an agreement that occassionally it is true.

There are some good performance german cars, BMW in particular but VAG group do nothing for me, they are not drivers cars at all. My main gripe of this post is the likes how buy a 116d M sport new and proclaim to everyone that it is 'better' than my 'crap' or 'cheap' Fiesta. I usually just nod in agreement with mates who say 'nice msport' or 'check that s-line A3', especially when the majority of the time it is the bottom spec engine model.

I could never own a VW just because of my experience with the owners of some of them, I'd hate to be thought of as a snob or someone who thinks their car is 'better' than other just because of badge. If reliability and fuel consumptio wasn't an issue I'd be driving to work everyday in an Impreza P1 or Evo VI :).

Imprezas do 25+mpg and solid build quality, 22b is the one to get though. Mitsis are !Removed! imo 15mpg and a service every 6k and slower 30-70 in 6th than a Fiat stilo no thanks. Beware the gtr though, running costs are as much as a porsche turbo everything for them is just eye wateringly expensive, hence the depreciation, no one wants them once they need a few bits, same as r8's really, can get the earliest ones for 30k but brakes are around £800 a set of discs lol

Did your mate actually buy a 116d?

Imprezas do 25+mpg and solid build quality, 22b is the one to get though. Mitsis are !Removed! imo 15mpg and a service every 6k and slower 30-70 in 6th than a Fiat stilo no thanks. Beware the gtr though, running costs are as much as a porsche turbo everything for them is just eye wateringly expensive, hence the depreciation, no one wants them once they need a few bits, same as r8's really, can get the earliest ones for 30k but brakes are around £800 a set of discs lol

Did your mate actually buy a 116d?

Yes, I have a mate with a 116d (14 plate like mines) a few years younger than me. Not a car person but doesn't understand why I bought a Fiesta when I could have an msport diesel that does a million mpg like his :D

I'd probably have an Evo over an Impreza, I'll have to get some videos up of me vs my mates 460bhp hawk eye scoob, great laugh. I've seen that top gear episode, it demonstrates lag, you would never ever be in th gear at 30mph in the Evo (it was an FQ400 wth a much much more laggier engine than the FQ360).

Engine issues is what scares me, thats why bought brand new and thrash this thing to bits, I average 32-33mpg in the Fiesta, I'dd be lucky getting anywhere near 25mpg in a 300bhp+ Impreza. I had a Celica GT, last of line 56 plate one a few years ago and knackered the engine, failed local rebuild led to a trip to Se7en Motorsports for a full rebuilt... £5K+. Not going through that again, only warrentied cars for me from now on.

Edited by Stoney871

I don't understand why there are people comparing a Ford Fiesta to other renown cars such as an Audi A3, or BMW 3 series.

Fords competitors mainly come down to Renault and Peugeot in terms of a Hot-Hatch. Not cars like what's been stated? Before I got my ST-3 I planned on getting a Mercedes C-class coupe or BMW 3 series M Sport Coupe (second hand) for around the 20k mark. But after careful thought, my head turned towards the ST. Unless you're having a fully specced high powered BMW/Merc/Audi why would you want a basic model and get less for your money? Ford do the complete opposite and offer a lot for your money in terms of a new car and competitors. Yes, you can buy for example 10 plate German cars to save yourself the money, but it's not the same market? I would rather drive a car that everyone raves on about in the magazines than a 4 year old out of date car which quite simply is boring to drive unless you have a 3 litre engine or above.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

Also as well, if I didn't want the fiesta and wanted to spunk 17k on a car regardless just to please other people and get Internet / Facebook points I'd spent it all on a TVR Tuscon in Chromaflair and just be boss, I'd cry about it in private as it'll constantly break, the rear window will fallout at speed and it will do about 9mpg but I'd still be a hero in the public (hopefully) but it's still !Removed! people harping on about a poxy 1.6 diesel beemer that's just one of those cars that most people bought just because it was a car and got from a2b. Prior to this I actually hated blue ovals but Ford really won me over with every aspect of the car bar the fact I don't have global opening. Would rather this thing and I'd be happy with it losing 10k in the first year, still delivers far more than a !Removed! hatchback that sensible / boring people buy just because the salesman was nice.

Edited by Stoney871
Removed Ap Tag

If it's a choice between a new ST or a second hand blandness mobile in my view there is no choice. I've never been able to afford new cars before but the ZS I had previously and now ST have really changed my mind. 3 years of no MOT's and pretty much worry free motoring and knowing that if anything does go wrong the parts are (relatively) cheap compared to German parts. Also no one will let you out at a junction in a BMW or Audi because the drivers have such a bad reputation.

And another thing (you've got me going now) the ST is built in Germany anyway but I guess the beemer owners will argue that the Ford staff are lesser skilled than the BMW/Audi/VW ones but I seriously doubt that.

• Like 1

^unlike the ZS boys with their Romanian built lumps mwahahahahahahaha

Edited by Stoney871
Removed Ap Tag

My evo x gets 25mpg if driven at the speed limits and needs serviced every 10k miles.

Sorry gents, I felt the need to defend my 3rd child! :D

I ended up with it because I couldn't justify the idiotic prices of Quattro's.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I used to have an Impreza turbo (sold it about 10 years ago) and absolutely loved it, but I was lucky to get 23mpg if I drove carefully and services were every 7500 miles which at a Subaru dealers were not cheap (£300 touch) I'm so glad I don't have it now it would cost a fortune to run. I'm sure the newer ones are far better though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So in summary - fiesta beats EVERY other car in its class or price bracket. (Brand new)

Of course if money was no object we would all be driving verons.

I challenge anybody to come up with a new car of similar price thats as cheap to buy, run. As fun to drive as quick AND as good looking as my little fiesta ST2.

In my honest opinion the only challengers are..........

the ST1 and ST3 haha

If money was no object o think my daily would be a koenigsegg one 1 :P