Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Ford Owners Opinions Of Fiesta St's

neil1jnr

If insurance wasn't an object I would have got the e92 M3. £20k second hand and good on fuel considering the power output.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If money wasn't an object (and more importantly fuel consumption) I'd probably go for the new Mustang with the 5.0L V8 :). Maybe I'll get one second hand one day.

Anything with a prancing horse for me

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Nah? Has to be an RS500 just b'cos :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

First post said:

"Does anyone else get a negative stigma from some others because they drive a Ford?"

I'm in my 20's and drive an estate... they haven't got past that bit yet to notice that it's a Ford :lol:

...I love it anyway, so f*** 'em :D

• Like 2

Two of my mates drive Mercs and both give me stick about my 'Dagenham Dustbin' then get into their Astra patrol cars as I rev my ST estate.

They drive good cars to work, a trip lasting 20 minutes or so each way whereas I drive a great car for up to 12 hours at a time.

Who's got the best end of the deal? ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

Unfortunately I don't agree that ford is on the same level, being faster doesn't make a car better.

Reliability aside Vw interior quality, layout and feel is superior to ford. Look at the mk7 golf dash compared to the mk3 focus. All the buttons and that gloss panel dash does not have the feel of a Vw golf mk7.

Ford wins on performance no doubt and that's not questionable.

Comfort wise Vw suspension is better for British roads in my opinion but it isn't exciting to through around corners like ford is. We may not want to admit it but it isn't just a mind frame, Vw has good resale value and superior body rust quality over ford, the badge carries weight, it all ads up.

If given the choice I would choose a Vw golf gti over a focus st but with my own money I'd buy the St.

It isn't worth getting too heated about it because it all comes down to what the badge is worth, a mclaren badge eats up a lexus badge, a Vw badge eats a ford badge, a ford badge eats a vauxhall badge. Keeping in mind a vxr astra is faster than an ST and looks very good. Where as a gti is "boring" compared to an ST, it's also less fun.

Ford doesn't even offer xenon for the fiesta St, Vw offers it for the polo

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't agree that ford is on the same level, being faster doesn't make a car better.

Reliability aside Vw interior quality, layout and feel is superior to ford. Look at the mk7 golf dash compared to the mk3 focus. All the buttons and that gloss panel dash does not have the feel of a Vw golf mk7.

Ford wins on performance no doubt and that's not questionable.

Comfort wise Vw suspension is better for British roads in my opinion but it isn't exciting to through around corners like ford is. We may not want to admit it but it isn't just a mind frame, Vw has good resale value and superior body rust quality over ford, the badge carries weight, it all ads up.

If given the choice I would choose a Vw golf gti over a focus st but with my own money I'd buy the St.

It isn't worth getting too heated about it because it all comes down to what the badge is worth, a mclaren badge eats up a lexus badge, a Vw badge eats a ford badge, a ford badge eats a vauxhall badge. Keeping in mind a vxr astra is faster than an ST and looks very good. Where as a gti is "boring" compared to an ST, it's also less fun.

Ford doesn't even offer xenon for the fiesta St, Vw offers it for the polo

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Well said!

• Like 1

Regardless of it being a fiesta, focus, mondeo, ST, RS etc... people who look at it still see a 'Ford'.. There is a bit of a stigma attached to it. Mondeo's are/were always the travelling salesmans car and it's hard for people to break away from that.

Look at Skoda's... I mean the very recent Skoda Octavia estates look lovely...I'd almost want one.. the only thing that makes me not want one is the fact that, at the end of the day, it's a Skoda.. Bearing in mind that nowadays they're taken over by VW is it? So they're actually very decent cars. Jersey Police force use them, so they can't be all bad - granted, I doubt they're on par with the beemers etc, but they're a good car.

So naturally people are going to be less interested in Fords in general....

Also think about the stupid little things in Fords that could easily be changed and wouldn't be seen in VW's/Audi's etc: HEATER KNOBS!!!

• Like 2

I had a mk5 gti and got rid of it as I hated it for my current mk7 metal and the difference is just unbelievable in grip alone I can corner alot faster than I could in the gti and even raced one over two roundabouts to which I left in the dust but straights he would of dominated the spec is much better in the fiesta only thing the golf had that my fiesta doesn't is dual zone climate but thats not really an issue and the golf didnt even have bluetooth

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Ford OC mobile app

I had a mk5 gti and got rid of it as I hated it for my current mk7 metal and the difference is just unbelievable in grip alone I can corner alot faster than I could in the gti and even raced one over two roundabouts to which I left in the dust but straights he would of dominated the spec is much better in the fiesta only thing the golf had that my fiesta doesn't is dual zone climate but thats not really an issue and the golf didnt even have bluetooth

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Ford OC mobile app

The mk5 golf entered production in 2003 and finished in 2009 lol, no wonder it doesn't have the mod cons etc, your Fiesta is like 4 years newer!

• Like 1

The mk5 golf entered production in 2003 and finished in 2009 lol, no wonder it doesn't have the mod cons etc, your Fiesta is like 4 years newer!

Bet the heater knobs were better in the golf too :lol: :P

Ignore all of the comments, facts and figure speak for themselves, plus ask yourself where is the 1.6GDTi engine built and what other engines do they produce :)

Fantastic engine ! Fitted globally ! Just see what other vehicles it's fitted inn your'lll be surprised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine#1.6_L_EcoBoost_I-4

Ignore all of the comments, facts and figure speak for themselves, plus ask yourself where is the 1.6GDTi engine built and what other engines do they produce :)

Fantastic engine ! Fitted globally ! Just see what other vehicles it's fitted inn your'lll be surprised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine#1.6_L_EcoBoost_I-4

Yeh except as the above post said, Mk5 golf finished in 2009... that was when the ecoboost was also announced...

Comparing end of one and beginning of another isn't quite the same as comparing like for like...

Sorry to be honest I didn't read all of the posts.

We'll the great engine is built in the UK! :-)

• Like 1

Sorry to be honest I didn't read all of the posts.

We'll the great engine is built in the UK! :-)

Don't blame you, there's about 50 odd posts anyway. I think people are saying that perhaps the overall 'build' quality might be there, even if it perhaps doesn't directly reflect the price tag, regardless of 0-60 times, top speed, etc etc..

I've got to say, I had a friend back in the day (well...2005/2006) who had a 1993 golf and that thing wiped the floor with most of our cars - fiesta's, renaults etc. I just think that VW (only 1 car out of a bunch, there's still mention of Audi's etc) has been 'better' for longer, so it's natural that their cars are perhaps considered (or are) better... I think the gap is a lot less than it used to be, but it's still slightly there.

I mentioned previously that Fords are probably the more 'common' cars, mondeo was the travelling salesmans car, almost everyone had a fiesta to start with when they passed their test etc etc and therefore carry a bit of a stigma around with them, not unlike how Skoda's do... I was talking to a friend who is connected with the local police force, he said that they're getting rid of all their Skoda's soon and replacing them with a fleet of BMW's because it's actually CHEAPER! - I know we're talking fleets etc here, but when would anyone expect a Skoda to be carrying a bigger price tag than a BMW?

.....maybe it's that bit extra for working indicators :P

Easy, Skodas depreciate a hell of a lot quicker than BMW, so bulk leasing is cheaper as the BMW has a higher residual therfore low monthly payment hence why they are so popular in the first place, the 135m was on a private lease deal at the start of the year for 270pm compared with an Audi A1 costing the same as was the Fabia VRS doesn't make sense but it's all to do with how much the car is worth at the end of the term.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Easy, Skodas depreciate a hell of a lot quicker than BMW, so bulk leasing is cheaper as the BMW has a higher residual therfore low monthly payment hence why they are so popular in the first place, the 135m was on a private lease deal at the start of the year for 270pm compared with an Audi A1 costing the same as was the Fabia VRS doesn't make sense but it's all to do with how much the car is worth at the end of the term.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Surely that only applies if they are leased though.. I'm lead to believe the current cars are going to be auctioned off in the future as the new lot come in - (although I may have dodgy information)...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club