Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St.. Buying Second Hand Or Buying New?

Jordanch

But it will void the warranty Matt that's why the Mountune upgrade is so popular

The MR pack won't keep the warranty surely? It'll involve decanting. Just looking they charge £700 just for a 15bhp upgrade so no doubt it'll be over 2k for a 240 plus. Just think the pumaspeed will be better value.

Edited by Stoney871
Removed Ap Tag

The MR pack won't keep the warranty surely? It'll involve decanting. Just looking they charge £700 just for a 15bhp upgrade so no doubt it'll be over 2k for a 240 plus. Just think the pumaspeed will be better value.

I agree that more than like if they bring out a stage two it'll be an MR and void the warranty. There is also a lot better options for your money, ideally I'd like to go with Revo because all the good things I hear about them, but voiding my warranty on my ZS with a bluefin it did cause troubles so I'm glad I traded it in when I had the chance. I'd like to have the car around 230-240bhp but with that will come voiding warranty, but it'll be a lot cheaper than mountune! Guess it's just weighing up the options.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Edited by Stoney871

If you want to risk it or arent bothered about warranty then finsport or revo is where to go. I highly doubt stage 2 mountune will make 240 . If like me you like the warranty and don't want to void it then the mp215 package is great and the car is plenty quick enough

• Like 1

Anyone know how long it takes to register a car? Just eager to call up the insurance company a pay it but I can't do that until I have the registration plate.

It takes about an hour - they usually do it before you collect the car. You can normally pick a plate in advance from your dealers list - then use this for your insurance.

As it's a new ford your dealer should give you the ford insure info and you will need a plate for that so you get your 7 days free insurance to drive the car away.

The dealer needs that insurance document to tax the car.

It takes about an hour - they usually do it before you collect the car. You can normally pick a plate in advance from your dealers list - then use this for your insurance.

As it's a new ford your dealer should give you the ford insure info and you will need a plate for that so you get your 7 days free insurance to drive the car away.

The dealer needs that insurance document to tax the car.

I picked the plate in advance- and I've got my Ford Insure ready. But what I'm saying is I need to call my insurance company to give them the registration plate, but will they accept having that although it isn't actually registered therefore not on their system?

I think they should accept it if you tell them the reg and what car it is. I think I had the same problem when I got mine, the reg didn't come up on insurance sites at first but I was still able to insure it.

Yes they will. Give them the plate and then answer the qs about what the car is ect.

I insured mine same day as registered they couldn't find the reg on system. But I got it done just had to tell them make model engine etc. I had the same thing with police lol couldn't find the reg on system but still had all my docs in car so got let off lol

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I thought I would be stopped last week but no after following me they just didn't bother.

Just called up the insurance company, they wasn't fussed it had been registered just making sure it is an ST-3. Probably just happy to take my money :P

Also done and dusted, really chuffed with the quote I got and now I don't have to worry about it going up!

• Like 1

New vs used, I had a similar debate back in April (when there is a huge new car sale on here). In the end I got about 30% off a new car which meant I would have saved at most about €2k if I had bought a similar spec used one which was about 2 years old - with an expired or half way through extended warranty. I opted for new as included in the price was a 5 year warranty. Peace of mind counts for a lot. I am not sure of current used car warranty rules in the UK as I left some years ago but I figured the potential repair bills and hassle over the next 5 years would probably outweigh some or most of the savings on buying used.

New vs used, I had a similar debate back in April (when there is a huge new car sale on here). In the end I got about 30% off a new car which meant I would have saved at most about €2k if I had bought a similar spec used one which was about 2 years old - with an expired or half way through extended warranty. I opted for new as included in the price was a 5 year warranty. Peace of mind counts for a lot. I am not sure of current used car warranty rules in the UK as I left some years ago but I figured the potential repair bills and hassle over the next 5 years would probably outweigh some or most of the savings on buying used.

Contemplation has kind off gone, I went out a bought new.

5 Year warranty on a Ford?

It's an option on the price list.

What's the standard warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

3 years on most Fords.

I have thought about getting the extended warranty myself if i buy a new car as its not that expensive. Might mean I don't feel the urge to change it so quick, haha.

Yeh thought it was just checking. Got myself a 3 year service plan as well so no real big costs to come for a while

I didn't do the SP as tend to get a better deal if you shop around. Also remember anyone can service the car so long as they use ford parts and do the tasks they state.

I just did it for ease and my dealer did my previous 2 cars and always been pretty good.

Maybe I should have got a service plan too, I'll always be going to a ford dealer for any work on it anyway. Maybe I can get a service plan when I get the first service?

Yeah you usually can but to be honest just shop about at service time. Even the ford dealers will compete on price and you can see some serious discounts when they want your business.

I'm not sure if dealers widely advertise this but you should check if your employer is on the 'Ford Advantage authorised company list'.

Loads of larger companies are on the list (NHS/ASDA/Debenhams/RBS/DHL/John Lewis/etc) and it gets you 2 years free servicing and 2 years extra breakdown cover. My employer (SELEX) is on the list and I know quite a few people who have benefited from it.

Unfortunately I cant find a working link to the full company list but here's the other details:

http://www.ford.co.uk/Hidden/FordAdvantage/Programme

We pay around R270 000 (15000 pounds) for the ST2, we don't get the ST3 here, but then again our ST2 has some extras in that your ST3 only comes out in, to be honest the only difference that I can see between our ST2 and your ST3 is the SAT nav and leather seats, we also get on all Ford models 4 year 120 000km warranty and a 4 year 60 000km service plan and 3 year unlimited road side assistance. a problem that I have noticed with that is that the cars price falls drastically once the service plan has come and gone, and no matter what car you buy, the chances over here is very good that when you purchase new and drive it out the showroom, a month later the value would fall between 15-30%

Unless I hit the jackpot, I will always purchase second hand, get something almost new, low km thats still under warranty and service plan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club