Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Conditioning

Clarkie75

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong section but I've noticed over the past few days when I have my air con on there is a big puddle of water dripping from under the centre of the engine and I mean a load of water, is this normal or do you think maybe there could be a problem, I've never noticed this on my other cars with air con, any help would be very much appreciated, Simon

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

l'lI assume you've already checked the engine coolant reservoir is between the MIN/MAX marks and the washer fluid reservoir/pipe aren't leaking.

When you use the air-con it's job is to dry and cool the air and therefore if the humidity of the air is high the the air has to dump the removed moisture somewhere.

The puddle is a result of the air-con dumping the excess moisture out of the drain tube and it also means your drain tube is clear of blockages; this is good as with a blocked drain tube the moisture could otherwise end up remaining in the car's cabin (usually soaking into the sound-proofing and carpets).

If you don't get the puddle when NOT using the air-con then relax, it's merely the air-con doing it's job.

• Like 2

l'lI assume you've already checked the engine coolant reservoir is between the MIN/MAX marks and the washer fluid reservoir/pipe aren't leaking.

When you use the air-con it's job is to dry and cool the air and therefore if the humidity of the air is high the the air has to dump the removed moisture somewhere.

The puddle is a result of the air-con dumping the excess moisture out of the drain tube and it also means your drain tube is clear of blockages; this is good as with a blocked drain tube the moisture could otherwise end up remaining in the car's cabin (usually soaking into the sound-proofing and carpets).

If you don't get the puddle when NOT using the air-con then relax, it's merely the air-con doing it's job.

Yeah first thing I did was check the levels on the coolant and screen wash, thanks for your reply you've set my mind at ease, thanks for your reply

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

A (small) puddle is normal, a big one isn't. However, I'd say that was most likely down to (relatively) high temps and quite high levels of humidity, recently.

As the Captain points out, the job that you are asking the air con to do is to dry out and cool the air, and the more humid that air is, the more water comes out. It has to go somewhere, and on the ground is surely a better place for it than in the car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club