Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Good & Reasonably Priced Obd-Ii Diagnostic Code Reader?

Kal139

Hi,

I read member Jeebowhite's excellent "got an error on your car?" guide and am looking to buy a handheld standalone code reader. However they seem to vary in price from £10 to £70+... so can anyone recommend a reader that is good and reasonably priced ie not too cheap and not too expensive!

Thanks

Forgot to add looking for a reader that will work with a Ford Focus 2011 Mk3 (ie new shape).

If you have an Android phone just buy a bluetooth OBDII reader and use Torque Pro.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

As it happens I do have an android phone (Samsung Galaxy II)... so I will look at a bluetooth OBDII reader... I presume whether it's a bluetooth device with an App on your phone or it's a standalone handheld device, you can pretty much do all the same stuff/checks?

Indeed.

You can also use Torque Pro for live data reading and show various parameters whilst driving.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

just replied back to your other thread and saw this Kal lol

Have a look at my signature "Got an error on your car?" and you can get a load of information there :)

• Like 1

For the bluetooth OBDII scanner I know I can use the Torque Pro App on my android phone but is there a free or reasonably priced software I can use on my laptop?... ie one that'll talk to the scanner via bluetooth. I've got a small 13" laptop that's light and easy to carry which I would prefer to use than my phone.

I tend to use FORSCAN on the laptop, although with the bluetooth adapter it doesnt work so well as you cannot access High and Medium Speed CAN networks, only high I believe. Your best bet is to get a modified ELM Cable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club