Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Acr

jester

I have had the AGR valve changed on my 1.8 FocusTDCI about 3 month ago. The car was down on power and putting lots of black smoke out the back. This stopped the fault but now its back again lots of black smoke and down on power. I hope its not the AGR valve again.What I would like to know is this a common fault with the TDCI Focus. If so what can I do about it as I do not wount to spend £ 400 + again.

Thanks

Jester

Black smoke/loss of power look for splits in the intake rubber hoses to intercooler etc . :driving:

I had the hose's replased last year. When I had the AGR replased the car was going grate power was very good next to no smoke and good return to fuel. 50 +. But it as all gone bad again. Have been tolled there is a prob with the AGR valves on Ford TDCIs.

I presume you mean EGR valve buy a stainless steel blanking plate this is a must on the TDCI, I also highly recommend BG244K fuel additive,cleans your fuel lines and injectors so they spray and not squirt. :driving:

• Like 1

Yes Andy I do mean the EGR valve. Where can I get the blanking plate from and will I have a prob with the MOT with it fitteted? Where can I get the additive you are saying about.

Thanks for all the help Andy. I will try all you say about when I can get one.

Gerard

BG 244K eBay number : 221424162276

blanking plate which I bought for my 1.6 tdci eBay : 161296617643

:D

Thanks Andy. Had a look on eBay and it said that one is for a 1.6 my one is 1.8 is it the same one. Sorry for been a pain but just wont to make shouer before I get one. The car will not fall the mot with it fitted will it.

when I get in from work I will put up the correct one for you.

regards

Andy

Thanks for that James I will have a look.

Regards

Gerard

Hi Andy / James.

Just to let you know I have fitted the blanking plate as you said, I have found I now have a diffrant car no or very little smoke now and power is just about back to what it sould be, :) Thanks again you all your help,

Gerard

Another happy EGR blanked Focus :D

• Like 1

Yep. A very happy Focus. Give up smoking for good. He he

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can you fit 215/55r 16 wheels off a 2013 Focus on a 2006 Focus.

focus 2006 tyres would be 205/55/16 so no it wont fit

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club