Do Not Sell My Personal Information

abs

shanmc

hi everybody. new to the forum so hope you can help.

i drive a 02 mondeo ghia 2.0tdi and recently the abs has been acting up.

the abs waring light came on but the brakes seemed fine.

then on my next drive , no warning light but intermittenly during braking the pedal would feel very solid and brakes wouldnt engage for maybe a second ,then work fine.

i checked the diagnostics on the dash but the only 'error' i saw was errror 0206.

after taking the wheels off and checking the sensor connections (whichloked ok) the problem hasn't returned though the brakes feel 'hard' and not quite as good.

if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be i would appriciate it

hi everybody. new to the forum so hope you can help.

i drive a 02 mondeo ghia 2.0tdi and recently the abs has been acting up.

the abs waring light came on but the brakes seemed fine.

then on my next drive , no warning light but intermittenly during braking the pedal would feel very solid and brakes wouldnt engage for maybe a second ,then work fine.

i checked the diagnostics on the dash but the only 'error' i saw was errror 0206.

after taking the wheels off and checking the sensor connections (whichloked ok) the problem hasn't returned though the brakes feel 'hard' and not quite as good.

if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be i would appriciate it

just found out that er0206 is normal so should i just get my abs sensors checked.

also where exactly do i find the air bag sensor in front of the radiator

get a boil test done on the fluid to see if its in recommended specs. ford recomend replacement every two years.

get a boil test done on the fluid to see if its in recommended specs. ford recomend replacement every two years.

whats a boil test?

brake fluid is pretty old but my hub bearing just went so think that may be alot of the problem.

do you think that might be why

brake fluid has to withstand high heat in the brakeing system. the fluid absorbes water so The Wet Boiling Point is the temperature a brake fluid will boil after it has been saturated with moisture. this is why most manufactors recomend changing the fluid every two years.

brake fluid has to withstand high heat in the brakeing system. the fluid absorbes water so The Wet Boiling Point is the temperature a brake fluid will boil after it has been saturated with moisture. this is why most manufactors recomend changing the fluid every two years.

thanks.fluid hasnt been changed in 3 years so thats another job.

just got the bearing replaced so i'll see if the problem persists.

can you tell me where the abs sensor is at the radiator

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club