Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Vs Hid For Projector Lights

Jeff4155

I would like to know if it is worth going the LED route rather than the HID lights for the fiesta projector lights? I see some of the LED's advertise you do not need ballasts for the lights, but has anyone tried them? and are they worth it, or should I just stick to the HID convertion?

I use to have a Golf 5 with Xenons, and it was like driving during the day and would like to at least get close to that, I'm not interrested in the Blue effect lights, I know that as long as I stick to 6000k and below I should be fine with that.

Would these work for what I have in mind?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Truck-H7-H8-H9-H11-9005-9006-CREE-LED-Conversion-KIT-HeadLight-6000K-4800LM-/251506864524?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8efa318c&vxp=mtr

I know LED's have come a long way but I cannot imagine that these would be E marked and legal for road use. I havent seen LED's that provide a beam pattern yet. They are bright to look at but dont light the road up far enough to be of any use. There are complete LED lighting kits which include special lenses etc that are supposedly legal at £129 each but these are designed for replacing the lights on old classic cars.

I looked around and its going to cost me about R800 (100pounds) for either of them, hens the question, stick with the HID's or go the new LED route, just wondered if anyone has tried them here, I know you get the standard Led globes, but I am looking for something that gives of the same light as a good quality HID light.

It probably doesn't matter looks wise sins they both will be behind the projector lenses

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club