Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Gears?

Nipz

Ive reset my MPG an tried driving the most economical i can but still cant get above 38mpg.

Just wanted to ask a question about when you change gears? I normal change at about 2.5 or 3 (else i seam to go no where, i no ive only got a 1.25 :))

Interesting to see when you guys and girls change!

Ive reset my MPG an tried driving the most economical i can but still cant get above 38mpg.

Just wanted to ask a question about when you change gears? I normal change at about 2.5 or 3 (else i seam to go no where, i no ive only got a 1.25 :))

I was getting around 30mpg from new but it's now gone up to about 34mpg at 350miles in although I'm not sure if it's the petrol I'm using or more economical driving. If I'm not in traffic, I tend to change gears around 2000RPM but if I'm rushed it does pop up to 3000.

I'm getting 40-42mpg if i drive a bit more economicaly but if i put my foot down a bit it drops to around 38mpg. I'm happy with this as my previous gutless 1.2 corsa used to get around 30-35mpg unless you drove like a granny and even then you'd still struggle to get close to 40mpg lol

i usually change between 2000 and 2500 although if i'm on my favourite road it can be anything upto and above 5000. i tend to average 35-40 at the minute with mostly short drives and when i drive to uni it goes upto about 50mpg.

have you tried to use Shell v power its worth it will take about 4 weeks before you notice the difference in mpg and a small amount of power

I would reccomend changing at 2000 revs for the first thousand miles until the engine get broken in, other wise it could cause engine trouble a long wya down the line. But the best mpg i have got out of mine is 65mpg, It takes the car a long journey before the mpg will change drastically any way.

when u need to change gear, do you seriously sit there and measure the revs everytime you change gear? I think someones going to cause an accident!

when u need to change gear, do you seriously sit there and measure the revs everytime you change gear? I think someones going to cause an accident!

The beauty of a HUGE rev counter is that it takes less than a second to see what RPM you're at before you change gear... so no to answer your statement, no we wont cause any accidents...

I checked this today for you, I changed 1st to 2nd at 2000 but 2nd to 3rd I changed about 3000.

I'm with you Michelle, I change at 3000rpm above first gear, if not 3500.

On my first fiesta I had no rev counter so never use mine.

I checked this today for you, I changed 1st to 2nd at 2000 but 2nd to 3rd I changed about 3000.
I'm with you Michelle, I change at 3000rpm above first gear, if not 3500.

On my first fiesta I had no rev counter so never use mine.

Thanks me lovers :)

Looked today again and im around the same as you girlies, o wait... does that mean i drive like a girl!!! hehe! :lol:

Lets hope you do, because we all know that girl drivers are the best on the road. :P :P

Lets hope you do, because we all know that girl drivers are the best on the road. :P :P

*Cough* :ph34r:

Nah, some people can listen to the engine and tell what revs its at ;) Can tiome a V-TECH down to the t.

I've just been to Leicester and back (97 miles each way) and averaged 48mpg on the way up and 41mpg on the way back with a FULLY loaded car (3 people, 1 boot filling suitcase, 1 small suitcase, and enough bags and boxes of stuff to fill up almost all the volume in the back and some more on the front passenger's lap.

My poor Tegan's only a 1.25(82) with 500 miles on the clock but she performed admirably, even if she was a bit slow from stationary. Most of my gear changes were done around 3000-3500rpm since I really needed the acceleration.

Anywhere nice in Leicester? :)

I did a drive from Leicester to Manchester (and back) the other week, the longest journey yet in my new car and it was a dream to drive :) Didn't go mad with changing at high revs though, still nursing the car :)

Anywhere nice in Leicester? :)

I did a drive from Leicester to Manchester (and back) the other week, the longest journey yet in my new car and it was a dream to drive :) Didn't go mad with changing at high revs though, still nursing the car :)

It was just to pick my sister up from uni. That girl sure can hoard a lot of stuff in a year! I wish I could've kept my revs low but had I changed at 2000-2500 all the time my 0-60 would probably have been measured in minutes!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club